Acrylic nails - mobile but no table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi

I'm home based but do the odd mobile treatment. For nails I usually have the use of someone's dining table, chairs etc.
I have a beauty bed but I never carry chairs around as I've never had to.
I have a client tonight and as always I check whether they have facilities I can use etc. she has no table or chairs, apart from a side table and her couch.

I don't want to buy fold away chairs/small table as I've never needed them in the past, but I don't think I can sit and do l&p with shellac colour whilst sitting on the floor over a small table.

What would you do?x

I have to say that I would get a small table, you cannot do a professional job sitting on the floor, you can get a fold chair/stool cheap and a small fold table if you just have a few mobile clients, that's what I did.

I have this tabe as ony have a few clients that I visit, it's fab and I leave in the boot of the car

Buy Argos Value Range Single Folding Tray Table- Natural Finish at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Occasional and coffee tables.

Folding chair can be bought cheap from ikea :)

Plus if you spill anything etc it is your table not theirs that gets damaged, I'd never put damaging liquids on someone's possible £500 dining table, be heard what can happen :Scared: lol and looks more professional :)

This is just my thoughts hun

Last edited:
I read once someone used an ironing board when they turned up and the person didn't have a table. Thought this was a fab idea but you would have to cover with plastic xxx

I read once someone used an ironing board when they turned up and the person didn't have a table. Thought this was a fab idea but you would have to cover with plastic xxx

What a great idea!!

Ide defo invest in a table , well worth the money xx

From a clients point of view, if I was paying a professional for their services and they turned up wanting to use my ironing board as a working surface I wouldnt be impressed, they certainly wouldnt get a second booking from me. There's so much competition around now, it will be no problem for your client to find somoeone who will turn up with all the equipment needed to do the job.

I think you need to decide; either you're not going to do mobile work, in which case dont invest in the table, or you are going to do mobile work, in which case you need to invest in the equipment you need to do the job, and that includes a proper table. Would you consider turning up for a nail service without your nail brush? Of course not, because its an essential part of the job, so is a proper working surface! You dont have to spend a fortune, but you can hardly expect a client to pay you for a professional service if you're not turning up fully prepared.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Latest posts

Back