Acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
I've just booked myself to do an acrylic nail course which I'm SO excited for. Just out of your personal opinion do you find most people have gel on top of acrylic or normal polish? Want to start stocking up my kit !!!
Thanks in advance
Xx

Gel over acrylic for me, I don't really even offer normal polish over acrylic X

I do my own mostly and am very hard in my hands but regular nail polish lasts weeks on acrylic nails.

I have 1 client that prefers regular polish as she has a manual job and gel chips on her.
All of my other clients prefer gel polish for the high gloss and no need to wait on it drying

I already had a big collection of Opi normal polish when I started doing shellac/gel polish so I do a bit of both

If starting now I'm not sure I'd get polish, just go with gel-polish

If you do normal polish, don't forget to charge for it. I included mine because at the time with no gel polish available, it was considered part and parcel of infills/new sets but I resent it now as it takes at least as long to do, they sit and wait for it to dry so takes up more time (not a problem in a salon but I work from home) and often smudge on the way out!!

Amazing thanks everyone !! X

Blossom can I ask you how much extra you charge to use a gel over acyclic? I charge £22 for acrylic which is already considered high for my area..

And what gel would you use on top of acrylic? I currently use bio sculpture but it's so expensive and don't know if it would be a little thick on top of the acrylic ? X

Blossom can I ask you how much extra you charge to use a gel over acyclic? I charge £22 for acrylic which is already considered high for my area..
I charge an extra £5, more if they want glitter ombre stamping etc which they often do
I figure you need no base coat, the cuticle work has already been done before infilling, and I would have used a shellac top coat to finish the acrylics anyway so it literally is 2 X colour that is extra. Plus it gets them out the chair quickly!
But I know some geeks charge more than that x

My clientele is either acrylics or gel manicures so I don't even deal with normal polish at all!
For plain acrylics I always finish with a clear UV top coat and for colour over acrylics, I use my gel polish line which I charge a little extra for

I charge £24 for plain acrylics, with shellac on I charge £30, then up to £34 with art etc

I don't use any other polish range, nothing compares to the shine with UV polish.

I only use gel polish over acrylic on my clients unless coloured acrylic or glitter is used

Thanks everyone!! Defintley don't think there's any point getting normal polish anymore !! Xx

Latest posts

Back