Acrylic Nails?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsrs112

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to nails, still in mu training. Anyway, we just started doing acrylic nails and i'm having a VERY HARD time with zone 3. I'm scared to apply to much to that area and then i end up allying too little then it lifts soon after. I was wondering where i could find a video on the applicaton of acrylic on the internet.

I desparetly need you help.

Thanks

I dont think it lifts because you are using too little product. It will lift possibly because your prep routine is not as good as it could be or you are not pressing the product onto the nail.

How are you training?

How am i traing.... well its a 6 wk course thats only on saturdays. My Instructor basically comes in shows us how to do it once then leaves us to it:cry:. So its hard to figure it out on our own. She showed us how to prep and press the product to the nail but in zone three its always a challenge for me

OK, if you tell us what product you are using and give us a step by step of your prep routine maybe we can spot some problem areas for you.

Well i use perfect ten liquid and powder. I mostly use the pink powder. and i use the Cala French Tips.

Ok so this is my procedure.

After setting up my station I wash both the client’s hands and mine and dry thoroughly. Then I shape the natural nails then I etch them to remove the shine. Then we fit the tips and glue them. Then we apply the acrylic which I thing sometimes its either too wet or too dry because when I do drop the ball it sticks to the brush some times. So that’s basically the application part

Well i use perfect ten liquid and powder. I mostly use the pink powder. and i use the Cala French Tips.

Ok so this is my procedure.

After setting up my station I wash both the client’s hands and mine and dry thoroughly. Then I shape the natural nails then I etch them to remove the shine. Then we fit the tips and glue them. Then we apply the acrylic which I thing sometimes its either too wet or too dry because when I do drop the ball it sticks to the brush some times. So that’s basically the application part

It does sound like your prep is causing the problem....this might help....http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html

Surely you should not be washing the hands prior to preping for acrylics. Just sanitize, wetting the nail causes it to absorb moisture which you need to avoid.

Check out the website advised by bagpuss to get your nail prep correct.

Good luck

I`ve just finished my CND foundation L & P course and they definatly tell you to wash both your clients hands and your own and then sanitise with a hand gel as well. xxx:rolleyes:

i would have thought as long as you giving them a quick wash , not a good soak, then all will be fine,

some prefer sanitising hands at the desk, some prefer hand washing with water
horses for courses!

You don't know where hands have been my I and my clients always wash hands with soap and water and nail brush first .
Then I sanitise

Ruby

Latest posts

Back