Acrylic on natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minniedamooch

Reaction score
Hi I have very long natural nails but am thinking of getting an acrylic overlay as i like the look but im worried it may ruin my own.My length has got to the point where they are so long I will have to trim them down as they will start to break down the sides or I will catch them and they will break off so will the overlay stop this from happening and I can keep the length for longer?I don't want my natural nails to become thin as I am able as it is now to grow them long easily.Hope someone can give me some advice?
Thx:lol:

Why dont you try a gelish manicure with stucture gel. Structure gel is a soak off gel that helps to give your own nails that lil added protection. I used to wear acrylics all the time but now I just have the structure gel and my nails are a beautiful length!!

Hi I have very long natural nails but am thinking of getting an acrylic overlay as i like the look but im worried it may ruin my own.My length has got to the point where they are so long I will have to trim them down as they will start to break down the sides or I will catch them and they will break off so will the overlay stop this from happening and I can keep the length for longer?I don't want my natural nails to become thin as I am able as it is now to grow them long easily.Hope someone can give me some advice?
Thx:lol:

Your nails should not be thinned by wearing enhancements, but they will be 'opened up' and dehydrated in the process of preparation for any gel service or for L&P for that matter as prep involves buffing of the natural nail surface; this makes the surface porous and prone to dehydration and therefore more prone to breakage.

I believe that Bio sculpture does not involve buffing of the nail surface and it is the same with Shellac ... so your nails will not be dehydrated or thinned over the months of wear. If you love your natural nails, it would be better not to have the surfaced buffed.

Latest posts

Back