Acrylic paint for nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is a really silly question. But I wanted to get some acrylic paint for nail art as sometimes I find Gelish is not opaque enough when doing thin lines etc.

Is it literally just the acrylic paint you buy in an art shop such as hobbycraft?

Also can I use my Crystal Nails striping brushes with it? It won't ruin my brushes will it?

Thank you :)

Sarah xx

Hi missy

I haven't tried art shop paint but sam biddle's acrylic paint is fab, that's what I use & love it. I doubt it will ruin your brushes, just wipe clean after use. Which CN brush do you use for striping & detailing do u mind me asking?xx

I've just used good quality acrylic pqibts before just fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried about 6 different types ranging from Sam Biddle paints, artists acrylics etc and the best for me are the ones from crystal nails. They are called one move paints but I use them for everything :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401146797.017355.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401146936.898833.jpg

I use Polycolor paints pretty much for everything, they are great-the colour is very saturated and can be watered down to get really thin lines without loosing colour. With brushes I just make sure to rinse them well with water and shape them the way they are supposed to be (especially striper brushes) before putting away.

I use Polycolor paints pretty much for everything, they are great-the colour is very saturated and can be watered down to get really thin lines without loosing colour. With brushes I just make sure to rinse them well with water and shape them the way they are supposed to be (especially striper brushes) before putting away.

love this

I have just bought acrylic paint. How long does it take to dry? Will it not smudge when applying top coat? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have just bought acrylic paint. How long does it take to dry? Will it not smudge when applying top coat? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Depends how thick you have painted it and what paints they are. And no it won't as long as it is dry! I use ouimaxi paints and I love them!

Thank you so much for all your answers! I will look into these. Xx

Latest posts

Back