Acrylic paint nail art help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerGirlNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the industry, and will be taking my licensing test within the next couple of months. I do my own nails frequently for practice and to try new ideas. Thursday, I ran across a problem and thought someone here might have an idea.

On a YouTube video, I saw a woman painting the tips of her acrylic nails with acrylic paint (a turquoise color). She followed the smile line, and added glitter to the paint with UV gel (I'm assuming it was a top coat type formula), and cured it briefly before sealing the entire nail with the top coat.

I tried this same method Thursday evening, and by Friday morning, the top coat was chipping off where the acrylic paint is on the tips. I patched up the areas and added another thin layer of gel top coat to the entire nail on all fingers, and it is doing the same thing.

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Beth

When used to do designs that don't take up much surface space ie. flecks, dots, little patterns, acrylic paint will stay put. But when used for bigger area coverage, such as painting on a french tip, it will just peel or chip off. They're good for nail art, but not good to use as an overall color.

Latest posts

Back