Acrylic paint problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJtan

Reaction score
Hi there, I've tried to search but can't really find what I'm after.
Tonight I had a lady after Halloween nail art with gel polish. She wanted dark purple nails with bright orange "blood" dripping down each nail. I didn't have the right orange in gel so used acrylic paint. So I did 2 coats purple, then painted the drips in white gel, painted over the drips with 2 coats of acrylic paint then 2x topcoat. Having finished her nails I was checking over them and they didn't seem quite right, when I touched the orange with my nail it peeled right off.
Is anyone able to tell me what I've done wrong? Is 2 layers of acrylic paint so close to the free edge too much?
I would love any help x

Hiya I would have not done the white gel and just done the drips in white paint then when that's thoroughly dry , go over with orange paint and dry thoroughly and then top coat. Maybe the paint was too thick on top of the white gel. Or
If you have mica or additive in orange, you could mix that with gel and apply as drips. :)
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks mrs turner, I think you're right and the paint probably was too thick. The base purple was very dark and she wanted the orange bright. I didn't think to try additives, ill give that a go.
Thanks for your reply and help x

You're welcome hun. Post us a piccy if you give it another go. :) x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back