Acrylic - problems buffing to a shine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hi Guys
im in need of some advice im practicing doing my acrylic nail extentions but i cant seem to get them to be shiny after buffing they seem really dull im using a white blockto smooth out then 3 way shiner on them but they just wont shine up any ideas what im doing wrong??

have you tried using a drop of cuticle oil, such as solar oil or nurture oil, to the nail before you use your shine buffer?

no i havent i usually put that on after but i will give it ago see if that helps thanks x

dont get oil onto your shining buffer, it will spoil it.

i would say that the problem is the fact that you are going straight from a white block to the shiner.

find a buffer that is between those 2. i use the lechat buffing sponge. oil the nail and then buff until all the scratches you made with the white block are removed.

now cleanse the nail to remove all traces of the oil and then use your shining buffer to bring it up to a full gloss. i use the lechat true glaze shiner.

i'm sure that will work better. unless your glossing buffer is past its best.

You really need to work up your grits to get to that fab shine, as you work up this will eliminate scratches too. After you have buffed oil in, as Susan says the oil needs to be removed before shining. The beauty of buffing oil in the enhancement is that it will show up and flat spots ridges etc.

hth :)

Latest posts

Back