Acrylic removal rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadie-23

Reaction score
So after getting a horizontal split on my thumb nail 4 days before going to Marbs!!!!! I decided to treat myself to a full set of Acrylics! (I do gel manicures only) Booked in at a reputable salon and off we go!

No client record card done, no sanitising of hands/tools and to top it off thick uneven enhancements

Just been for my removal and omg the girl gets from under the reception desk a small bottle of "household" acetone that was in a small brown glass jar that literally had the dregs left in it! So we go to the treatment room and she starts filing away catching my skin with the 100/100 file. Then procedes to fill a cereal bowl with the bit of acetone thats left......then chucks in some co-op nail polish remover!!!! After a soak not much was budging as you can imagine so out comes the 100/100 file again! I'm now having to wrap my nails in my own acetone to get the remaining acrylic off.

Not posting this to bitch I'm just so disappointed. It's actually knocked my confidence in learning acrylic/enhancements.

And breathe! :(:(:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
you poor thing sounds emotional, I too have had a bad experience with acrylics more so the tools involved those electric wizzer things, the actual acrylics were fine but my nails were so painful a couple of hours after for about 2 days, then the removal, out comes that electric wizzer, he keeps going over my nails so much until they burn I proceed to pull my hand away and tell him it hurts but he keeps going anyway until they are bleeding, there was never a consultation, no sanitising just a barbaric experience, never again!!

Oh my lord girls that's awful. I can't understand why they use those wizzer things.
We are not all like that that do acrylics I promise

No drill but still got heat from the amount of filing that had to be done!!! Managed to get the remnants off with funnily enough.....pure acetone!! :-D

Uff never ever again! Not sure if it makes me more determined or puts me off completely!!!! Now wheres my solar oil!?!?!?!?!?! xxx

This is before I tidied them up lol xx

Attachments

• 1406914604853.jpg
    1406914604853.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 118

Latest posts

Back