Acrylic tip help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaChasBeauty

Reaction score
Hello fellow salon geek friends.
I have just qualified for acrylics extensions. The course I went on was a day long and not very detailed at all. I noticed when I was there I had trouble putting the tips on the nail. They will go on but have a small gap between the nail and the tip. And I know that if left a space bacteria can build up and cause infections. I asked my teacher but gave no help. She was more interested in chatting about her weekend. I will in the future I am looking for a much better training course that will teach in tip and sculptures. Any Thoughts? My question is what are peeps methods for putting tips to ensure no gap is there between the nail and the tip? I really appreciate any advice. Thank very much in advance. All have a brilliant beauty day xxx

I suspect the tip is too small so the C curve is too extreme creating the gap. Try using a larger tip, you can always file some off the side if the tip if it is too big. Better to use one too big and trim down than one too small.

Also ensure you use enough adhesive and using firm pressure, hold the tip in place until it sets.

Get some extra training, sooner rather than later, you will develop some bad habits quickly if not :confused:

Thank u trinity. I really appreciate the advice. I am going to try that using a bigger tip then file down the size.
Yes I think you require right about the training. Do you know of any good acrylic courses that teach tips and sculptured extensions?
Thank you again.

Thank u trinity. I really appreciate the advice. I am going to try that using a bigger tip then file down the size.
Yes I think you require right about the training. Do you know of any good acrylic courses that teach tips and sculptured extensions?
Thank you again.

Check out Sweetsquared, Creative Beauty Group and The Nail Team off the top of my head for quality training. All 3 have authorised trainers in various areas

Latest posts

Back