Acrylic tips falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkiichiicka

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having some trouble with acrylics chipping at the corners or the tips falling off after just one day. I am doing NVQ L2 and practise on my mother and sister. Never anyone else.

I am using NSI Spa Liquid and Attraction Powder.

Here is what I do:
- gently buff with white block to remove shine
- dehydrate with Nail Pure
- file tips to fit and put glue in the well
- rock onto nail and hold, then press down corners
- cut, shape, blend tip to natural nail plate with 180 file, buff over tip area to remove shine
- remove dust
- prime natural nail

I must admit, I am still unsure about the ratio of liquid to powder but my tutor just says how much of the brush you dip into liquid determines size of bead ... :rolleyes: and I have watched the vids on Nail Angel so many times when they're applying the acrylic but still cannot get it down. They seem to dip the whole brush in, which is conflicting.

But I usually apply a bead where the tip meets the natural nail, then smaller bead towards the cuticle, then small bead at the very end of the tip and stroke backwards.

It's really frustrating.

Am I meant to dip the whole brush in and wipe small amount for larger bead and large amount for smaller bead?

Could I be using too much glue? They are definitely secure at the time.

I would really appreciate some help please :sad:

Could be you aren't applying enough product to the corners so they are chipping as they aren't as strong and not building enough of an apex which might be why they break off.

You get get your nails done by a tech that uses NSI products and watch how she does it. I use all thier products and very happy with them. X

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been qualified in NSI for nearly 6 years. So I hope this helps...

I would choose an attraction powder and liquid, mixing 2 types of brand doesn't always produce a perfect finish as they aren't designed to go together.

Your prep is spot on, but I would start applying beads from the tip up. I was taught to apply my beads in 3 zones.
Zone 1. Tip
Zone 2. Where the tip joins the natural nail, brushing down over zone 1
Zone 3. From the cuticle brushing down over zone 2

If you register online with NSI they have step by step instructions for applying enhancements, nail art, nail prep and nail finishing.

Good luck :) and hope this helps you

Latest posts

Back