Acrylics keeps popping off, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinx

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently 80% through level 3 nail technology and I'm struggling with when I do a set of nails on either myself or a client after about a week they begin to ping clean off!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Also I struggle with acrylic around the cuticle, does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to not flood the cuticles. I either go too close or far away so the set look as though it's nearly due an infill

Thanks in advance xxxx

Hi I'm currently 80% through level 3 nail technology and I'm struggling with when I do a set of nails on either myself or a client after about a week they begin to ping clean off!

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Also I struggle with acrylic around the cuticle, does anyone have any tips or tricks on how to not flood the cuticles. I either go too close or far away so the set look as though it's nearly due an infill

Thanks in advance xxxx
Without seeing you work, we won't be able to say what exactly is going wrong, however:
You need to ensure you are being thorough with your prep, and removing surface shine from the natural nail. Also your ratio, if the product is too dry or too wet you are not going to get cohesion/adhesion to the nail plate.

When applying your bead to zone 3, place it at the top of zone 2 and gently pat/press and feather it towards the "cuticle".
Hope this helps a little x

When you start use nail polish remover to clean the nails and get rid of old polish and any residue from things like lotion. Apply a base coat and wait 2 minutes, then apply the polish in thin layers from just above the cuticle, to the tip. Let one thin layer dry then add another layer, waiting a few minutes in between. Let the polish dry for a couple of minutes then dip in a bowel of cool/cold water for a few minutes. When The nails are dry enough tiny drops of water should form on the nail. Shaking the hand once or twice most of the droplets of water stay. Then add a top coat and let dry. To clean up around the nail, use a Q tip dipped in nail polish remover around the cuticle and sides of the nail to neaten up the nail. Having polish on the skin or cuticle causes the polish to lift and eventually peel off. : )

The OP is talking about liquid & powder application not polish application.

I haven't seen your work but almost every time someone asks me this question the answer is prep, prep, prep!!

Prep work is normally the problem when nails are popping off. I'd say spend extra extra extra time cleaning any dead skin and cuticle off the nail, I'd also check the file that you're using to remove shine, make sure that it's not buffing the nail, and just take your time cleaning, dehydrating, and prepping those natural nails.

Keep at it you'll get it! Good luck!

Sorry my bad. : )

Latest posts

Back