Acrylics lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber-

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I got acrylics done 4 1/2 weeks ago as my natural nails were very thin, sore and damaged from me removing/tearing off my own gel polish and I wanted something to cover them while they grew out.
So originally I was going to just let the acrylics grow out (the ridge isn't that bad and I always wear polish anyway) but they have started to lift now below the cuticle.
Obviously I'm worried now about water getting in and causing fungus, can I get them filled in or will I have to get them removed altogether and get new acrylics put on? I've put polish on in the hope it minimises moisture getting in.
I'm terrified of getting them removed as my nail beds will be so thin underneath. Can acrylics be removed purely by soaking off, without more filing?

My nails have got to a great length though- shame they're like paper :(

Hi guys,
I got acrylics done 4 1/2 weeks ago as my natural nails were very thin, sore and damaged from me removing/tearing off my own gel polish and I wanted something to cover them while they grew out.
So originally I was going to just let the acrylics grow out (the ridge isn't that bad and I always wear polish anyway) but they have started to lift now below the cuticle.
Obviously I'm worried now about water getting in and causing fungus, can I get them filled in or will I have to get them removed altogether and get new acrylics put on? I've put polish on in the hope it minimises moisture getting in.
I'm terrified of getting them removed as my nail beds will be so thin underneath. Can acrylics be removed purely by soaking off, without more filing?

My nails have got to a great length though- shame they're like paper :(

4 1/2 weeks is a long time to be wearing acrylics without having a re-balance. You really should have had them re-balanced after 2 weeks. Your best bet is to go back to the salon where you had them done as the technician there will be able to take a good look at them and decide weather they can be re-balanced or if there is too much lifting, safely soaked off.
Don' atempt to pull them off yourself as you will make your own nails an awful lot weaker than they already are. Hth:)

Don' atempt to pull them off yourself as you will make your own nails an awful lot weaker than they already are. Hth:)

Don't worry, I've learned my lesson! Think if I was to try and remove them myself I'd take my fingers off!

Latest posts

Back