Acrylics Mix Ratio Question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, "student" here; how do you get the Mix Ratio right?

I have read here to get a laminated sheet to practice picking up pearls etc., does anyone have a good tutorial to suggest?

Any websites as well, would be highly and humbly appreciated.

I really want to be a success! :)

Hi,
Im a student also so not sure how much help i will be but I can recommend something that helped me immensely. I don't know what system you are using but I am using young nails. I managed to find video tutorials on YouTube via their main website which told me what consistency i am looking for. And creative has the same type of tutorials too as I used their tutorials to get a good smile line. If u can't find them through searching let me know and I can try find them and put up links for them. Each system is a little different for mixing ratio from what I can gather but I found watching the tutorials and practicing on nail tips really helpful.
Hope this helps and if u need links let me know
Good luck :)

sorry to but in on this thread, but just reading that you use young nails acrylic and just wondered how you found it to work with ???

I'm curious also as well as to how "good" the Young Nails line is.

Thanks for the head's up, I'll check Youtube.

check out there website they have vids on there and i believe a proper mix ratio is one of them.

Yn is one of the best lines I have ever found its amazing.

You know, I've heard that about YN. Now, I know they're rather new. I like their approach, I've seen them at Shows. But, you "know" you never really know until you have a very experienced Manicurist tell you the real deal, so many cheap products have so much hype to them....

I would love more feedback, why is it so good and one of the best System? :)

You know, I've heard that about YN. Now, I know they're rather new. I like their approach, I've seen them at Shows. But, you "know" you never really know until you have a very experienced Manicurist tell you the real deal, so many cheap products have so much hype to them....

I would love more feedback, why is it so good and one of the best System? :)

Not so new now, I first came across them on here and made a point of finding them at Excel, about 5 years ago, I was very impressed with them, they showed me an amazing silver glitter nail, they put the silver glitter on my pinkie nail, then while it was still soft, pushed some mesh into it and pulled it out, looked like net curtain:eek: then he covered the silver with black and using an efile buffed it back to expose the silver, the black had filled the mesh lines and the end result was a silver nail with a black honeycomb patten through it. I kept that nail on for 4 weeks, no lifting, no discolouration, very impressive. I still buy their drill bits.
At the time I bought a pink and white try me kit. Personally, I didn't get on with it, I had just started using nsi attraction and I found that far easier to get on with.
I think this was because I'd done a 121 coversion training day with nsi so I was absolutly sure of my ratio.
Which brings us back to your origional question, because I am sure I would have got on much better with young nails products if I'd had some training with their products.
Which products are you using in your training course?
I ask because I think every known brand is covered by someone on this site and they will be able to pin point product ratio for you rather then general guide lines which I think is what you are after:hug:

OPI Clarite in Class and OPI Axxium; but I don't want to stay with Clarite, I'm looking into a regular acrylic system to buy now, and get acquired to.

Latest posts

Back