Acrylics - painful in cold weather

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
I have a new client that's been having acrylic nails for a few years now, going back a year ago she went on holiday to Iceland and she told me about her nails being very painful while she was out there.

Now this was before I was doing them so it mat be possible the previous tech has her mix ratio off a bit and there had been shrinkage, but this client said it was the first and only time she had this problem. Can very cold weather effect acrylic in this way?

Maybe in the cold weather her nails became dehydrated and started to curl? Apparently that can be painful for some people...

I have no clue though, what I've said probably doesn't even make sense :lol:

xxx

Sometimes cold weather can make extremities cold to begin with... My hands, if they are super cold, can hurt for like 10 minutes after being outside. Painful, piercing pain and sometimes in my nails as well... Who knows if she has a similar reaction but I don't think it's necessarily the acrylics that are causing the pain.. Obviously I could be wrong as well! I know that people who have arthritis and or who are pre-arthritic have more pain in cold weather in their fingers and hands as well. It could a number of things, really.

Maybe they wear really cute nails and insted of wearing gloves she was showing them off ;)
Most likely exposure .

Latest posts

Back