Acrylics removed, green on nails, can i use Gelish on her nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddisonsquare

Reaction score
HI.
I removed my sister in laws acrylic nails today as she wants me to put Gelish on them tomorrow.
Two of the nails had a green tinge to them, she thought she was going mouldy, ha ha. I explained its where water has seeped under the acrylic nail, she loves gardening and is an extreme clean freak....

Am I still able to put Gelish on her nails tomorrow?
Was thinking I would use sanitiser spray on them first, then do the light buffing then the Gelish procedure.
Would this be ok?

HI.
I removed my sister in laws acrylic nails today as she wants me to put Gelish on them tomorrow.
Two of the nails had a green tinge to them, she thought she was going mouldy, ha ha. I explained its where water has seeped under the acrylic nail, she loves gardening and is an extreme clean freak....

Am I still able to put Gelish on her nails tomorrow?
Was thinking I would use sanitiser spray on them first, then do the light buffing then the Gelish procedure.
Would this be ok?

Once the product on the top of the nail has been removed, the bacteria cannot live. They are dead. The stain will remain and have to grow out under the colour you choose.

Yes it is perfectly safe to put something else on the nail. Do sanitise as you point out but be very wary of buffing the surface. The green is a stain and not an indication that the bacteria is still alive. You can't generally remove the stain by buffing and if you do you may make the nail thin. If you do buff then make it very light indeed.

Thank you very much geeg.

Have just let her know its ok to go ahead with Gelish tomorrow and she is very excited.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back