Acrylics when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Lisa-Marie*

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My aunt is getting married on the 7th of april and has booked to have her acrylics done on the 5th..just found out she is 4 and a half months pregnant. will this affect the longevity of the acrylics or be harmful, obv will open all the windows to stop fumes becoming too much :s.....
xx

I use cnd acrylic and these arnt harmful and pregnancy had no effect on the longevity xxx

Hi everyone,
My aunt is getting married on the 7th of april and has booked to have her acrylics done on the 5th..just found out she is 4 and a half months pregnant. will this affect the longevity of the acrylics or be harmful,
In short, nothing we use from professional brands is associated with any form of fetal interaction - contrary to popular belief

Your client may find at different phases of pregnancy that due to massive hormonal changes that you need to offer altered services to address the challenges her nails may decide to present..

in example - her nails may become stronger and healthier than ever before for a time, then a couple of months later may become flexible and weak... this is the 'unknown' of hormones
pregnancy is like hormone russian roulette - for some it's great, others terrible..

obv will open all the windows to stop fumes becoming too much
To clarify, fumes are what is produced when you burn something - it is the carbon emmission of combustion - I assume you are not burning your products ;)
The correct term is vapour for chemical evaporated into the air, or,
Odour for the smell associated.
Sorry to be a nit picker but fume sounds more threatening ...

The only danger is her nose. lol. Some women are sickened by the smell. No different than if it were pie or meat. For me it was icee drinks. Do y'all have those over there? ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Must be something in the water down here on the South Coast because I've had 3 clients fall pregnant in the last year or so, on all three we had more lifting that previously, but all 3 struggled with greasier hair and spot outbreaks so I'm more than happy to put it down to pregnancy hormones.

Happily, all three are doing well and of the 2 who have delivered, their nails have gone back to their previous 'no lifting' state after about 6/8 weeks.

Thanks for the replays everyone :)

was well aware of the diff between fumes and vapours but you got my jist :p
Am just going to explain to her that they may not last as long doe to change in hormone levels, she said so far her nails have been ok so hopefully they will last her well :)

Did have another quick sues....my step-gran is also having nails done for wedding she is currently going through chemo and said her nails are really weak...she wants extensions but I'm dubious....i was thinking of putting tips on with adhesive tabs and doing a silk overlay so that they are slightly easier to remove...any other ideas????

thanks guys :)
xxx

Latest posts

Back