Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindsMichelle

Reaction score
Good morning ladies (and gentlemen)

I'm new here, and will be starting training to become nail technician soon. I've been doing my own acrylic nails on and off for a few years - and while the shape and steadiness of my hands has gotten much better, I run into the same issue over, and over again...

For some reason I am not bonding properly. I have the bonding liquid, and I apply it as instructed, and apply the acrylic. Within a few days the nails are completely lifted and the only thing keeping the nail on is the tip which was glued on.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Could it possibly be the products? For now I've been going to Sally's and getting my powder and such...

I hope this isn't a stupid newbie question... I'm sorry if it is.

hey there,

now i'm sure there are others who can give you some other good tips but personally when i was doing my own nails i would tend not to prep properly, or to rush prep thats a major cause of lift. Are you prepping the nail properly- removing all the living tissue from the nail plate, pushing back cuticle, removing shine etc etc? then get a good dehydrator and a primer. Also take care not to touch the cuticle or side walls when you are applying product as that can cause major lifting problems. It's alot easier to ensure you don't touch the cuticle and prep properly when your doing other peoples nails tbh

As they say practice makes perfect and as you are doing your course soon I'm sure when you do your course they will show you all your bad habits and fix any issues and soon you wont have any lift at all!!!

xxx

hey there,

now i'm sure there are others who can give you some other good tips but personally when i was doing my own nails i would tend not to prep properly, or to rush prep thats a major cause of lift. Are you prepping the nail properly- removing all the living tissue from the nail plate, pushing back cuticle, removing shine etc etc? then get a good dehydrator and a primer. Also take care not to touch the cuticle or side walls when you are applying product as that can cause major lifting problems. It's alot easier to ensure you don't touch the cuticle and prep properly when your doing other peoples nails tbh

As they say practice makes perfect and as you are doing your course soon I'm sure when you do your course they will show you all your bad habits and fix any issues and soon you wont have any lift at all!!!

xxx

I so agree.......I did my own nails and they lifted...then I trained and learned proper prep...and voila! No lifting!!

I,m newbie tech too, I haven,t had any lifting in a few months. What I do is prep the nail like others already commented, avoid the acrylic to touch cuticule or finger skin, also I avoid to touch cuticule or finger skin with the final top coat since I found out also top coat could cause lifting if applied over skin, and I also buff or filed the acrylic close to the cuticule and on the nail sides, I buff until the acrylic on those areas are so thin you can,t differ it from your nail (like when you blend natural tips on your nail) but I do it with the acrylic close to cuticule and on the nail sides.

Latest posts

Back