activator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

When I was on my VTCT course, we trained in all systems including Fabric. I found I was quite good with the fabric and really enjoyed it. The problem is that I get severe migraine and they can put me out of action for a week at a time. So heres the questions,

Does anybody know if a brush on resin would be better for me to use than a spray?

I have worn a mask but my migraines can be triggered off just by the smell, so found this did'nt really help, could this be because the spray causes the chemical to stay in the air longer?

I am also looking in to buying a new fabric kit, which I will probably look for whilst I am at the NEC in April, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am fine with Gel and L&P (which I am suprised at, because I thought the smell of monomer would be a trigger but it is'nt). I really would like to offer the fabric system as another option for my clients so all your help would be really appreciated.

the good thing about using the Fabric# spray activator (Blast) is that you only need to use it once, there is another activator in brush-on form (Brush on Blast) that you use with the 3rd step of resin (Boost).

I'm not sure if it's possible to use the Brush-on Blast with the Build resin, might be worth giving Designer Nails a ring on Monday or hoping that Gigi, Ruth or one of the other Fabric# users see's your thread.

ValencianNails said:
the good thing about using the Fabric# spray activator (Blast) is that you only need to use it once, there is another activator in brush-on form (Brush on Blast) that you use with the 3rd step of resin (Boost).

I'm not sure if it's possible to use the Brush-on Blast with the Build resin, might be worth giving Designer Nails a ring on Monday or hoping that Gigi, Ruth or one of the other Fabric# users see's your thread.

Thanks Sandi, not sure if I can buy from Designer Nails yet, as I only qualified June 2005, but I will give them a ring and see. Hopefully as you say one of the other fabric users will see my thread. Thanks very much for your help.

well... i was mistaken recently because i thought the same, however, you can purchase Fabric# from Designer Nails after being trained for less than a year.
ring them and ask to set up a secondary account, or you can wait for Excel :D

I have used Brush on Blast and preferred it...but Ruth may be you best bet to ask. xx

did you use it to replace the spray on Blast Angie?

ValencianNails said:
did you use it to replace the spray on Blast Angie?

yup...for the same reasons..xx

NailStyle said:
yup...for the same reasons..xx

This is really good news, thanks Angie and Sandie!! Angie, has the brush on helped to cut down on the migraines?

big help...xx

Latest posts

Back