Active Facebook ad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

british.jem

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this before?
I recently set up a facebook ad using a coupon I got from FB. The first eve it went live i had a nice response from the ad and was optimistic the ad would bring me in some new business. But since the first evening I haven't received any more likes or interest resulting from the ad.
I checked the ad manager today to check it was still advertising. And i presume it was, because it still says active. It isn't due to end for a while yet. But when i checked the reports. It said it hasn't reached anyone since the first evening it went live. Surely even if people aren't clicking on it or liking it, it would still be reaching them. I'm just a little worried that the ad isn't being advertised any more.
Has anyone else had anything like this happen with their facebook ads? Where it will say the total reach is 0. Even when the ad is still active? :confused:

It happened to me last week and when i looked further into it, it was because my spend limit had been reached. I set a budget of £35.00 and it had been used up so the ad stopped going out. Maybe your voucher had a spend limit??

Thanks for replying. The coupon was for £25 and the ad has only spent £1. I put it as a life time budget of £25 and also put in my bank details. The coupon also says the remaining balance is £24. So I don't think it's reached it limit money wise.
I did contact Facebook about it. But could take a while to hear back

When I had an advertising enquiry facebook replied the following day so hopefully they'll contact you soon. Hope you get it sorted :)

Oh really? I hope so. When it first went live. I got 3 new likes from it within 30 mins. Which I thought was pretty good. So hopefully it will all be sorted easily.

Yes thats really good :). I started a new advert last night and i've got two new likes today :)

Still no word from facebook and I've just checked and the add still isn't reaching anyone or being seen. :confused: It is so frustrating knowing I could be getting likes and people booking in with the new offers, but they cant see it so they cant :(

Hopefully they will answer you tomorrow :)

How did you contact them? I've tried using the help forms but don't get a response! x

What was your advertising criteria? Was it really specific? For example a really small target age in a small town- all women. If it was small it might just not have enough people target if you know what I mean. Just an idea x

SerenityNailz - If you go to your adverts manager, on the left hand side towards to bottom of the choices you should see an option called 'email support'. I sent an email in through there and got a reply this morning.

Basically the email said that my account had a spending cap on it of £1, so because i had already spent that £1, the advert wasn't running but was showing it as active. Here is what the email said about the spending caps.

'When you reach your account spend cap, your ads and sponsored stories will stop running to prevent further charges but will remain in active status. The account spend cap differs from the daily or lifetime budget you have for your campaign(s) in that it does not affect the delivery of your ads and sponsored stories in any way. It simply exists to cutoff your advertising spend once you've reached a specific amount. There's also no minimum or maximum amount attached to your account spend cap which allows you more room to move within your advertising budget needs.'

So I have changed the spending cap to £24 as the coupon was for £25 but £1 already spent. Hopefully this will still mean i don't go over the coupon. But the ad is back active as I have received another like from it.

The ad targets 3,193,600 users, so I knew it should have been reaching people to some extent. Least its sorted now.... hopefully!
Thanks for all your help ladies

Glad you're all sorted :) x

Latest posts

Back