Adding an Instagram account

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Argh having a nightmare, well not that bad but this is annoying me. So in February Instagram started allowing up to 5 accounts without you having to sign out and back in again with different details.
I've always had a personal one but would really like to start one for business pictures.
So I've attached a photo below about what you have to do, basically do a sign in but with new details you want to use. But no, for some reason I am not allowed haha. I've checked the username is not taken and even tried the wildest random password combinations but it's still not happening!
Anyone had this and got in? I keep getting an error message (have also attached a screen shot below)
It's really annoying me I'd just like to put my business on there!
Many thanks if anyone has any ideas!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465678884.187818.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465678901.009380.jpg

Have you created the account already? You need to create one before linking them together xj

Firstly thanks for pointing this out!! Logging out and in to 2 different accounts is just tedious.
As Lauren said, the account you want to switch to actually has to be created first.
Of the first screen shot you posted, at the very bottom it says sign up. Create your new account then you will be able to switch easy peasy x

Yes I have my personal and one I use for business all on one account so I don't need to sign in an out of them both I can just switch from one to the other.

Am I right in thinking at the moment you haven't created the new account you want to add?

You need to create the new account first. Adding an account is just logging in to more than one account.

Hope this helps x

Ohhhh so I need to use another email address to do a new account?
Then how do I link them together? Or a re they just linked as they're coming from my phone app? Thanks ladies

Done it now
Thanks ladies and sorry for being such a nitwit! It's the way it's worded on Instagram makes it sound like you don't have to sign up again, but that you just enter details you wanna use!
Thankyou all.

No problem glad you sorted it!

Latest posts

Back