Adding dye to shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeaty

Reaction score
Hi

I currently use tigi colour 66/66 with a small amount of 0/22 or 0/66 to enhance the result more. As with reds the colour fades over several weeks. My question is could I add some of the colour alone (without activator) to my shampoo in order to maintain the colour between treatments (normally re colour every month) without damaging my hair?

Many thanks
Andrea

the colour doesnt really damage ur hair, its the peroxide and its reaction on the hair, but i wudnt mix it with shampoo it wud seem quite pointless, why dont u just do a colour refresh with a diluted version of the colour just to freshen the colour xx

thanks for your reply....so if I just add some water to the solution?
What about using 2.55% activator instead of the 6% I normally use to colour my hair.
Would it be OK to colour with 6% than 2 weeks after colour with 2.55% then back to the 6% 2 weeks after and so on?

Your thoughts greatly appreciated
Regards
Andrea

for wella colour this is the instructions given and what i wud do on a client. . .

FOR LOSS OF DEPTH AND TONE ON LENGTHS AND ENDS, USE ANTI-FADE COLOUR BATH

After regrowth application is complete, mix ¼ tube selected shade with 40ml warm water (equal parts for reds) in an applicator flask and apply to the lengths and ends. Development is 30 mins without heat. Then mix a Stabilising Rinse using 10ml Welloxon Perfect 9% with 40ml warm water in the applicator flask and apply thoroughly to the lengths and ends. Develop without heat for a further 5 mins.
FOR CORRECTION OR LOSS OF TONE, USE A KOLESTON RINSE

Mix ¼ - ½ tube selected shade with 15ml Welloxon Perfect 9% and 60ml or warm water in an applicator flask and apply to lengths and ends. Development is 30 mins without heat.

this might sound totally daft and i've probably missed the point...

but couldnt you buy a red semi permanant colour to put onto your hair every couple of weeks?

een if its a wella one or something as long as it has red tones?

or buy a fudge bright red because if you have a base of a 6 anyway its not going to go neon, jsut a slightly brighter red?

:D

Latest posts

Back