Adding rhinestones to Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leely

Reaction score
Hi Nail Geeks,

I was wondering if you be able to give me some advice on the above.

I have a client booked in who wants rhinestones added to the gelish she is having applied.
I was thinking my best option would to add these with nail glue so they last.will this effect the gelish at all? Or should I add the rhinestones to the un-cured gelish then cure? As the client is having quite a few treatments with me I planned to do in the following order
1. Gelish nails
2 gelish toes
3 spray tan
5 add rhinestones to toes and nails

Would any of you do in a different order ?

Thanks in advance

Leely xx

When I used gelish before I would just put them on the top coat and cure as the top coat takes away the sparkle. Or if you want to topcoat them add them in the colour coat,cure then top coat.

There's no need for nail glue at the cured gelish holds it perfectly. X

See my client today and i did what you suggested. Within an hour of her leaving me she said half of them had come off. 😖😖 asked her what had she been doing for them to come off and I got a snotty reply. Advised I will replace them tomorrow free of charge.
Fingers crossed it works tomorrow x

Hi
I usually top it off wipe apply glue stick rhinestones then top it off again, most of my clients last 2 weeks that way. Hth,s

I do a layer of gelish structure over the color , press the gems into the surface of that so it slightly over laps the base of the gems , cure , no loss of shine ( unless you go over the facets of the gem. )

Thank you ladies, think I will try the structure gel to see if that's any better.
When I have added gems to my nails they have always stayed put with nail varnish, very strange 😣 x

If using structure do you not bother with top it iff to finish?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I've always placed in last colour coat once cured (sticky layer), then 2 layers of topcoat.
Never had a problem x

Hi, I just apply my rhinestones to the sticky layer of coloured gelish and then use the top it off over the top. Dab the top it off over the rhinestones and then sweep over the rest of the nail as normal. Never had a problem with them not sticking or coming off. Hth. :)

Iv done my first rhinestones today and I did all gelish normal then some glue added stones then top it off and they were fine x

Also do mine after curing placing rhinestones in sticky layer then 2x tio, never had any problems x

Also do mine after curing placing rhinestones in sticky layer then 2x tio, never had any problems x

Don't u find though wen u stick them on to colour layer then top it off they will loose there shine although they do last x

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?li3bqw

I apply them before I cure last coat of colour cure then top it of luckily for me I haven't noticed any change in shine. X

Latest posts

Back