Additional courses after level 3? help! xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hey everyone :)
im currently studying my level 3 in beauty therapy and finish at begining of may. with the finish line fast aproaching im trying to decide what additional courses to pay for at the end. i like both the massage side and the electricals side of beauty so im finding it hard to choose. what are your opinions of hotstones massage? hopi ear candles? intermate hot waxing? nail extensions? spray taning? threading? what ones would you take on and what do u think is more beneificail and impressive to a potential employer? ..
sorry for long post , any advice opinions or good recomendations would reallly help me out :D xxx

hey everyone :)
im currently studying my level 3 in beauty therapy and finish at begining of may. with the finish line fast aproaching im trying to decide what additional courses to pay for at the end. i like both the massage side and the electricals side of beauty so im finding it hard to choose. what are your opinions of hotstones massage? hopi ear candles? intermate hot waxing? nail extensions? spray taning? threading? what ones would you take on and what do u think is more beneificail and impressive to a potential employer? ..
sorry for long post , any advice opinions or good recomendations would reallly help me out :D xxx

Hiya,

i think all of the courses above you have mentioned are great additions to your beauty therapy services and would be attractive to any potential new employer.

All i can suggest are the ones that are most popular here at our salon, these would be with out a doubt intimate waxing, spray tanning and nail extensions.

We offer the others too but those three are treatments we get bookings for every single day.

HTH

xx:hug:xx

Hi

When I finished Level 3, I was the same as you, I favoured Massage and Electrical facials. I did further courses in Hot Stone Massage, Spray Tanniing, Intimate Waxing, Nail extensions and an Advanced Facial Course with the brand that I took on at my small home salon.

I would say that I wouldn't want to be without any of the above qualifications as they all have a place within my salon, but I always favour doing Microdermabrasion and Hot Stone Massage, I love doing these treatments (although I also love my Shellac Manicure now)
I have got facilities for Microcurrent and Galvanic facials but find most of my clients opt for Microdermabrasion, although unless you are going to purchase a microdermabrasion unit then it would be hard to know which one to train with.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Heather x

I would agree with mrsjones the most popular treatments for us are intimate waxing, spray tanning and nail extensions. We do the others but again they are not asked for on a daily basis.

Good luck with finishing your level 3 and remember there is plenty of time to learn new things once you have finished concentrate on perfecting all you new skills as there is so much to take in as a new therapist you sometimes don't know where to start. x

thankyou ladies, its all so crazy atm, i feel like my heads going to explode from time to time. im just desperate to make it in a good salon and work my way up. i think u girls are right im going to try to do as much as i can but start with the most popular i think spray tan is essential and intermate waxing. thanks xx

check out www.wowfactorltd.co.uk

they offer spray tanning and intimate waxing training and have trainers around the country.

Good Luck!

xx:hug:xx

Latest posts

Back