Additional training for an eager newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimsgc

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a newly qualified nail tech & would love to do more training in order to offer a wider variety of treatments. Just wondered if anyone has any advice as to how best to go about this please?!

I completed a L2 course at my local college & although I am confident carrying out manis, pedis & gel polish treatments the section covering L&P was very rushed so I’d like to do more training on this. I’d also like to do semi-permanent eyelash extensions (classic & volume – from what I understand I’d need to do a classic course first to build up technique then do a volume course a few months later?), eyebrow tinting & shaping (including waxing & threading) & perhaps waxing. The staff in my local wholesalers, Salon Services, told me about the courses they offer & they do cover what I’m looking for… Plus they’re on a VAT free offer this month! But is it better to carry out training with a specific company rather than via a wholesalers, EG: eyelash extensions through Lash FX/Flirties etc? I've researched online & in forums on here but I’m a bit overwhelmed by all the options available so if anyone can let me know their thoughts I’d really appreciate it.

NB – I’m under no illusions that I’m going to be able to complete all these different courses & be able to give up my day job overnight… I understand that this is something I’d have to work towards over the next couple of years. I currently work full time Mon-Fri so my availability for clients is limited to eves/weekends, although I’m happy to take time off to complete training courses. I just want to do proper research & get together an idea of costs/timings so I can make a plan, set myself some targets & see how I get on :)

If anyone has any advice that'd be great :) I basically just wondered if it's better to do training with a specific brand rather than through a wholesalers xx

I think sometimes going for branded training is the better option, especially with nails. I would research all the leading brands (the search function on Salon Geek is a fantastic tool) and decide which you want to work with and so their training. You would probably be able to do a conversion course rather than start from scratch. I use CND and do all my training with them too.

Again for lashes and brows there are several different brands available.

I think sometimes going for branded training is the better option, especially with nails. I would research all the leading brands (the search function on Salon Geek is a fantastic tool) and decide which you want to work with and so their training. You would probably be able to do a conversion course rather than start from scratch. I use CND and do all my training with them too.

Again for lashes and brows there are several different brands available.

Thanks for your advice... Haha I think I've baffled myself with the search function on here! I will do a bit more research this weekend & try to choose :) x

Latest posts

Back