Adhd

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so complicated. There are many conditions, some of which are cross-related.
Parents, naturally, want to hang a label on it. Get real, professional help ..
I wouldn't leave it if you know,in your heart, there's a problem.
That's my advice xx

It's so complicated. There are many conditions, some of which are cross-related.
That's my advice xx

So true, I think sometimes life is just so busy you just put up with it and just hope they grow out of it soon..but will soon ever come and what if she doesnt and I going to be having the the police knocking on the door one day when shes older ? Sometimes she has tantrums and blames it on god..its his fault for making me?? Whats that all about ?

That's my advice xx

I've had a gut feeling for years that there is something, but spent a long time blaming the fact that she's had a tough life (she's been through more than most kids her age) It's only really been over the last year that I've truly accepted that it's more than that and I'm now going to push for a refferal.

Bless you both
Hope all goes well for you xx

So true, I think sometimes life is just so busy you just put up with it and just hope they grow out of it soon..but will soon ever come and what if she doesnt and I going to be having the the police knocking on the door one day when shes older ? Sometimes she has tantrums and blames it on god..its his fault for making me?? Whats that all about ?

I've been hoping for years that she will grow out of it soon. Everytime things improve slightly I get my hopes up but it never lasts, it's always like 1 step forward then 2 steps back!

At least your daughter blames it on someone else, my daughter says 'my head told me to do it'

my son has adhd , he was always hardwork and i knew the signs as 2 of my nephews had it too , but we struggled on for 8 yrs tryinh fish oils , homeopathic stuff and basically anything as i too didnt want him on drugs (was daft of me but at the time it was my beleif) ..

it all came to a head and i took him to docs as i was near a breakdown , he was diagnosed and put on a low dose and the change is unbeleivable , we could actually go for a meal without it being like a trip to the zoo :lol: he is perfectly normal , nort doped up or anything .. just like a well behaved kid

he has just been back and the doc has increased his meds slightly as he has grown a lot and they dont seem to last as long ,, i can cope when hes off school but when hes at school and not doing his work etc.. its a nightmare hes bright but couldnt sit long enuff , now he gets A&B grades hes doign really well ,

i have had loads of negative people sayign things but it is a medical condition there little brains work different like was said earler you wouldnt stop your child having insulin,

i would take your child and get a proper diagnosis xx

Thanks dee that's very reassuring.

I've been hoping for years that she will grow out of it soon. Everytime things improve slightly I get my hopes up but it never lasts, it's always like 1 step forward then 2 steps back!

At least your daughter blames it on someone else, my daughter says 'my head told me to do it'

Tell me about it ,its like having two different children in one ,sometimes she can be so unbelieveably good for a few days and then all of a sudden it comes back.:sad:Do you watch what foods shes eating and what triggers her off..I definatly dont do sweets with EEs in, and earlier on in the year she was on penacilin...Gee ..I will be defiantly avoiding that stuff in the future ,she had such a bad reaction to it one even evening I had to call the NHS helpline I was so scared for her.

Tomatoes send her loopy! If she has half a can of tomato soup, she's bouncing around like a nutter!

I totally agree, it's like have 2 children in 1 lol. I think she has a switch in her brain labelled angel / devil, sometimes she chooses to switch to devil mode (when she doesn't get her own way) but other times it's like she has no control at all.

All I know is that if you know something is not quite "right" absolutely insist on a referral. The amount of relatives who kept telling me that my kids would "grow out of it" and that I should just dry my eyes and be a better parent and it would all be okay. Well unfortunately nobody has grown out of aspergers syndrome and high functioning autism to date.

As someone said a lot of these conditions are interrelated as my daughter has a semantic pragmatic disorder which occurs in families where there are autistic spectrum disorders and sometimes you can get adhd alongside something else. It is all complicated but most importantly never let some lazy doctor fob you off. They are "general practictioners" and as such many have very little specific knowledge of these areas or if they do their training is very out of date.

so much of our understanding of these disorders has developed over the last 20 years and many GPs have not kept up to date with it. Just a thought.

Just to stay if you look into ADHD food apparently has no bearing! It certainly doesn't for my son.

If certain foods are an issue it's something else unconnected to the ADHD.

Update time! I've been seeing a parent support adviser weekly for around a month. She has given me some excellent advice about how to try and encourage good behaviour.

She is going to refer my daughter to the clinic in town who deal with ADHD and a whole load of other stuff, so fingers crossed I feel like we're heading in the right direction at last.

Thank you all again for your advice :hug:

Update time! I've been seeing a parent support adviser weekly for around a month. She has given me some excellent advice about how to try and encourage good behaviour.

She is going to refer my daughter to the clinic in town who deal with ADHD and a whole load of other stuff, so fingers crossed I feel like we're heading in the right direction at last.

Thank you all again for your advice :hug:

I was just thinking about you and your a few days ago. Keep us posted and best of luck to you! :hug:

There are a few topics which are best left off of the forums - sex, drugs, politics, sport and parenting. Mainly because they can sometimes get heated and very personal.

Kirsty, best of luck with getting the support you need and maybe you could create a blog with regular updates. The blogs seem to be less "heated" sometimes LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back