Adobe Incontext editing help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
The lady that done my website set up adobe incontext editing, so I could change things that I wanted. I just wondered if anyone knows how to change the funny symbols that come up if you put £ signs in?

I have not come across Adobe Incontext, but the sort of issues where you get funny characters when you try to put pound signs in sounds like an issue with character encoding on the web server...

e.g. my server uses Unicode (UTF-8) for everything.

But other types of encoding are Cp1252 (Windows) and iso-8859-1.

So if the server is storing data with one sort of encoding, but the web page is set up to display another, then you'll get a mismatch, and the result can be the funny characters...

So I'd be inclined to ask the lady who did your website, as it may well be a server issue by the sound of it...

Thanks Ruth, I was hoping I could maybe sort it myself, but guess I'll have to ask her. xx

Thanks Ruth, I was hoping I could maybe sort it myself, but guess I'll have to ask her. xx

Cool, hopefully that will help. She may need to ask the people who admin the server if she doesn't run the server herself...

Latest posts

Back