Adult acne!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
I hear it more and more now that this is on the rise, i myself suffer and had a really bad flare up last year.
Just wondering what you ladies use on clients ect? what do recommend to get rid of scarring? Do you have many clients or do you yourself have it?
Make up used?
I no its my hormones and also know a couple of other ladies my age suffer.
At my age i should be treating wrinkles but im treating spots:mad:
(im 40 btw)
Anyway just thought it would be interesting to hear others views ect x x

Hey Lila, I suffer really bad with it. I'm terrible with skin care though, don't really use much on my face and have always had prescriptions from the doc to help combat it instead (without much success though). At the moment I'm using Differen Gel (aka adapalene).

So I went to the Dermalogica stand at the beauty show as wanted to get into a proper regime as noticing wrinkles now too but they said I couldn't use most of their products whilst using this gel.

I have also changed my pill to Dianette recently and am 6 weeks into it and actually have noticed a huge difference already but the pill is not always the best option for everyone.

They discontinued a couple of gels, I'm using a cream at the moment with antibiotics!
I was on the diannette and was the best I felt in years but had migraines so had to come off!
It's a shame about the dermalgica as I love it.
When I'm home I will check the cream I'm on, maybe get a second opinion as I no exfoliants a can't be used with a lot of spot treatments from the doctors x

You can use the product for the regular maintenance but for in treatment we can't use any of the strong acids b/c your skin is too thinned out and sensitive from the medication. Too big of a risk of causing a burn.

I have clients not on the gel but on antibiotic creams and I can use acid on.

I have a few cystic acne clients that aren't on anything that I have done series of blended chemical peels that work wonders on them.

I would suggest using the enzymes from the dermalogica brand while on the gel. And the new clear/clean start line.

I hear it more and more now that this is on the rise, i myself suffer and had a really bad flare up last year.
Just wondering what you ladies use on clients ect? what do recommend to get rid of scarring? Do you have many clients or do you yourself have it?
Make up used?
I no its my hormones and also know a couple of other ladies my age suffer.
At my age i should be treating wrinkles but im treating spots:mad:
(im 40 btw)
Anyway just thought it would be interesting to hear others views ect x x

MD formulations for facial products and BareMinerals for makeup! I too used to have terrible acne and am passionate about MD formulations, my skin is so clear now and i couldnt be happier. Anything the doctors gave me when i was younger just didnt work then when i started using MD, a miracle happened! dont get me wrong, takes a few months to start working but well worth the money :) x

Will be looking into that, makeup is a nightmare as oily/sweating you don't want clogged pores but need it to stay on.
At the moment I use mac studio tech as oil free and non comegenic but not 100%happy with the cover so will look into other options.
There was also an article on the daily mail saying how the rise of adult acne is on the rise!
Gee at our time of life we really don't need spot problems x

hiya Lila This is a common occurrence adult acne can be due a few things like diet hormone lifestyle ,skin care. I'm qualified with iiaa Environ products they do a great ranges specific for clients needs but also do supplements they do one call skin accumax great for acne at any age and even if it only slight flare ups. have a little look on the website you can only get it from a salon that are qualified to use it. Also agree with carly taylor but m.d formulations is being discontinued so wont be available for much longer but baremineral make up if great with the active soil complex help calm and heals spots but still covering them up! hopefully this helps alyssia x

hiya Lila This is a common occurrence adult acne can be due a few things like diet hormone lifestyle ,skin care. I'm qualified with iiaa Environ products they do a great ranges specific for clients needs but also do supplements they do one call skin accumax great for acne at any age and even if it only slight flare ups. have a little look on the website you can only get it from a salon that are qualified to use it. Also agree with carly taylor but m.d formulations is being discontinued so wont be available for much longer but baremineral make up if great with the active soil complex help calm and heals spots but still covering them up! hopefully this helps alyssia x

Ah wow thanks I will have a look, wonder why md is being discontinued xx

Hi I would highly range the Dermalogica medi bac range for adult acne x

Could it be due to your diet? I had quite bad skin after I had children. This may have coincided with no longer taking the contraceptive pill too, but I did research it and found out that I have food allergies. I am allergic to iodine, both medical and in food. Living in a country where it was obligatory to have this added to their salt didn't help, as you can imagine. I really struggled especially when eating out.

My skin has been fine since.

Can I ask what Md formulations products you used? X

It's my hormones, I started the menapause at 25 was on hrt for ten years but it was discontinued a couple of years ago so trying to find one that I'm ok with with so my skin is not great keep getting breakouts!
Fed up as I do everything I can,eat well look after my skin routine ect x

Latest posts

Back