Advertising for staff for new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraLush

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks :)

So I have had my salon for 4 years and believe it or not, never had to advertise for staff as I have been lucky enough that the right people have just came along at the right time..

I'm now opening salon 2 :) (Yay!).. But has anyone any tried and tested methods of advertising for staff? The only ideas I have is on the advertising board at our local suppliers and also in the window of the new salon..

I'd really appreciate any suggestions..

Thanx in advance,
Laura x

the job centre? Gumtree? Forgive me if that sounds too obvious lol

I would do what you have said, warehouse and window. The types
Of application from the job centre are appalling half of the time ( I have received cv's with spelling mistakes, half missing, cover letters basically begging with "I've not had a job in x years and really need one"). Speak to your local college and ask if any of the soon to be leavers would be interested. Ask who's closest to finishing (an indication to who has knuckled down and tried hard?), take them for a weeks trial.
Xoxo

I advertised on here in the recruitment section and had a great response. Also some insurers allow you a few free adverts in their recruitment section, I know that the Guild do. Hth Jack

I would recommend using the job centre to advertise. A wide range of people have a look on there for jobs. I'd have thought that no matter where you advertise, you'll always get the odd application that is an obvious no.

Try Facebook if you have a business page.

I put on an advert once to test the water as was thinking of taking on a newbie and had lots of replies. my likers would share the post on their wall for their friends to see.

x

Jobs sites or local paper :) Facebook is a good one too

Local papers are usually free/dirt cheap, when I was out of work I read the locals religiously!

If you are willing to train and spend money on courses you could put an advert in your local college for a beauty therapist they will be finishing soon you may find yourself a gem and it might be nice to give someone a chance.

Latest posts

Back