Advertising within the BT phone book?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hiya everyone,

Hope everyones day is going well.
:hug:

This year I really want to put my all into growing my business. Obviously Advertising is something I am looking into. But I want to spend my money wisely!
I have my website professionally designed & optimised which does well in the search engines.
Last year I advertised within the Yellow pages, which generated some good business. So this year I have gone for a slightly larger ad with a picture of my work. Hoping this will encourage more callers.

I am looking to advertise within my Local BT phone book.
What I would like to know is has anyone else had success with the BT phone book? Do you get a good response from the ad?
The price I have been quoted is very reasonable for the service I will receive, but this means nothing if I don't get any response from it!!!
I will be listed within both the front section (set out like the yellow pages) and also the business a-z section. They also add me to their on-line directory with a link to my website.

SO what do you guys think? Any ideas or opinions welcome.
:hug:

A recent thread prompted me to ask this,but what catergory would you come under ?

Nail technicians is lumped together with beauty salons & consultants.
But if someone was to search for nail technicians in the front section, it is like yellow pages it directs you to the correct section.

Do you think this would effect the success of the ad?

Tbh hun i'm not sure,i was more curious.

Like in the other thread,nail technician as a catergory would be better,but as it stands pepps do still get buisness from yellow pages and the like,so maybe it wouldn't affect it that much.

I don't really know hun,i am waffling and not much help either.

I hope someone can help,best of luck x

Sometimes advertising is trial and error. Just make sure you monitor it well. I would get people say they got me from the Yellow Pages, when in fact I wasn't advertising in there, and they meant the Thomson Local - so make sure you know EXACTLY where they found your number.

Have you advertised on yell.com too?

I could have sworn there was a seperate section for Nail Technicians in the Yellow Pages.. will double check the book after.

I only have a free line in Yellow Pages but client tell me they got me off yell.com on-line. And I've checked on yell.com myself and yes I am on there. Don't pay them anything but am very grateful. You could check if it's thrown in. Good luck.

Have you advertised on yell.com too?

I could have sworn there was a separate section for Nail Technicians in the Yellow Pages.. will double check the book after.

Within my local yellow pages there is a separate section for Nail Technicians, but this may vary around the country.

blossom said:
I only have a free line in Yellow Pages but client tell me they got me off yell.com on-line. And I've checked on yell.com myself and yes I am on there. Don't pay them anything but am very grateful. You could check if it's thrown in. Good luck.

As I advertise within the yellow pages I am also listed within Yell.com but I am not a featured listing. It is just a basic listing.
You get this basic listing even if you have a free one line listing within the book.

I'm not worried about yell.com as my website is working really well and get picked up by the search engines. I'm nearly always at the top of search results.

Latest posts

Back