Advice about client consultation cards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hello Geeks :)
I am currently in the process of making my own Client Consultation Cards for my mobile business (havnt officially gone mobile yet, just getting everything prepared) and was wondering if I should put something on the bottom for the client to confirm that I have given and explained any aftercare advice to them, (im thinking to give them a little aftercare leaflet?) just to stop any argument if they cause the treatment to have a negative effect due to their own neglect.

Do other therapists put this kind of "disclaimer" on their forms?
Do people think this is a good idea? Or should I tell the client it is VERY important that they stick to the aftercare?
Just a bit stuck on what to do

Thanks in advance :) x

I'm mobile too. My insurance (ABT) requires that I give aftercare advice at each appointment. On my record cards where the client answers yes/no to medical questions they sign it each time to say their medical information is still correct and that they have received aftercare advice.

Interestingly, whenever I've visited other salons for treatments I've never received aftercare advice.

My aftercare advise is on the website but I always tell them some aftercare. And I write on the receipt that all aftercare can be found on my website.

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Thank you both for the replies :)

Geordiehandbag- I have never even gotten a consultation from any salon I've been to let alone aftercare haha worrying isn't it?!

I think it's a great idea to put a disclaimer on the client's record card for them to sign as well as giving them a verbal consultation and aftercare advice plus a leaflet (if required obviously).

Great treatments to create aftercare advice leaflets for are eyelash extensions, all waxing treatments, tanning, tinting, hair extensions.

For other treatments I do a consultations and tell the clients what's best to be avoided, if there's anything, and how to make effects last longer.

That puts your mind to rest and can potentially save you hassle and the clients will be more aware of how to make the most out of their treatment. I think clients blame therapists all too easy for them not following the given aftercare advice properly, so this is a way to help preventing it.

Good luck with your new business!

I think it's a great idea to put a disclaimer on the client's record card for them to sign as well as giving them a verbal consultation and aftercare advice plus a leaflet (if required obviously).

Great treatments to create aftercare advice leaflets for are eyelash extensions, all waxing treatments, tanning, tinting, hair extensions.

For other treatments I do a consultations and tell the clients what's best to be avoided, if there's anything, and how to make effects last longer.

That puts your mind to rest and can potentially save you hassle and the clients will be more aware of how to make the most out of their treatment. I think clients blame therapists all too easy for them not following the given aftercare advice properly, so this is a way to help preventing it.

Good luck with your new business!

This was a big help, thank you very much and thanks for the support :D

Latest posts

Back