advice about creative pedicure training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
i would really love to do some spa manicure/pedicure training but the thing putting me off is because i suffer from fibromyalgia (painful soft tissue/muscle complaint), i dont know how i would cope with sitting sort of hunched up for a long time if you know what i mean.....would i have to sit or kneel on the floor or is there stools provided for sitting on?

also i cant find the info that was sent to me regarding prices and kits etc, could someone please pm me and remind me of the price and whats included in the kits

any advice or info regarding this, especially the pedi course would be appreciated

stanleyann

Am i right in thinking the manicure and pedicure training are on the same day?

Yes, the SpaMani and Pedi are held on the same day.

When I did my Spa Day in Birmingham, we performed the manicure over the beauty couches. Very comfortable and no problem.

For the pedicure, we were sitting on a chair with the "client's" foot in our lap.

The main aim of the Spa Day is to show you how to use the products and not how to perform a manicure / pedicure as such, so there isn't an awful lot of bending / hunching involved.

Hth's

River

thanks for the info.......i have not had any mani/pedi training so could i still do the creative spa course?

stanleyann

stanleyann said:
thanks for the info.......i have not had any mani/pedi training so could i still do the creative spa course?

stanleyann

Hi,

No, the Spa course would not be of any use to you as it is geared towards showing you how the products work and not how to "perform" a manicure / pedicure.

When I did the course, I had to prove that I had already done a manicure / pedicure course.

River

Hi Hun

I had only dun the L & P creative course when I went on to do the spa course and they taught us how to use the products, in which order, and how to massage the hands/feet then mani/pedi. I had no other training for manicures or pedicures

I did the Spa course recently at Leeds and I was told that I needed to have a manicure/pedicure qualification before doing it. It seems to be geared around how to use their products but also some fantastic advise about different ways and techniques that I wasn't taught at college.
The way we were taught was manicures on nail desks and pedicures sitting down on a bean bag.
You could always take a litte stool or whatever you feel most comfortable with.
In the kit you get a large size of eveything you need plus a small cucumber heel therapy, base and top coat and an enamel. Plus vid and instructios.
I think the kit was well worth the money and to have the traing for free was a massive bonus.

Latest posts

Back