Advice anyone?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossyrach

Reaction score
I need some new varnishes as I'm not happy with the ones I am currently. using. Was thinking of trying the Jessica or OPI range. Has anyone got any suggestions??

I think the nicest are Creative enamels - they don't go thick and gloopy so that's a huge bonus!

Hiya,

Totally agree with Jackie......Creative are far and away the best i've ever used.
Never go 'gloopy' and there are loads of fantastic colours.

I have just had my first order of creative enamels and used them at the weekend ... fantastic! Would not even contemplate buying another make of enamel ever!

Hi jo i have just had about 40 bottles of creative mini nail polish of e.bay brand new only cost me £27 they are brilliant!

Trudi said:
Hi jo i have just had about 40 bottles of creative mini nail polish of e.bay brand new only cost me £27 they are brilliant!
We talked about mini Creative enamel ages ago didn't we.... does anyone know if Creative are doing them now?

im not sure i had mine shipped over from america!

Mani-fique! said:
We talked about mini Creative enamel ages ago didn't we.... does anyone know if Creative are doing them now?
Mrs G confirmed a while ago this was not viable in the UK....do a search on Pinkes and you will get the full low down from her...hth

Fab Freak said:
Mrs G confirmed a while ago this was not viable in the UK....do a search on Pinkes and you will get the full low down from her...hth
woops sorry... must have missed that one, I knew it was being looked into but hadn't realised the issue had been concluded.

Thanks

I don't know about Jessica ones, personally I don't like OPI I think they go on thick and chip easy. Creative are most definitely top of the league :D

I found Jessica to gloopy after a short while and the same with OPI...........
Creative are the ones that have stood the test of time for me xxxx

I've also heard people say OPI and Jessica enamels go gloopy, can't speak from experience though, just hearsay....

I found my jessica polishes went all thick and yukky, but i dont mind OPI although the few creative ones I have are very good.

We use & retail ONLY CND Enamels. The Collections are soooo well presented & timeless.& the enamel lasts till the next service 2-4wks... Happy ME Happy Clients..

I like orly polishes too, i found opi went too gloopy, CND have a fantastic range of bergundy's and deep reds, but some cnd are a little on the "watery" for want of a better word and i have to put about 4 coats on, then my client sits there for 4 hours till they are dry!! but most of them are ok.

Amanda

The CND enamels that Lily describes as 'watery' are actually meant to be that way as they are translucent colours and not meant to give total coverage.

The CND range has a number of translucent enamels designed to give different effects over French Manicures and a hint of colour over Pink and White Acrylics.

It is better not to try to make a translucent enamel opaque as of course one is asking for trouble ... If you want complete coverage then it is better to start with an opaque colour that is similar and then apply a coat of the translucent over the top.

I use Orly, fantast coverage, never chip most clients get two weeks out of them and they keep a high shine to the bitter end. Great for control as they have a gripper cap too. Tried Jessica and OPI and find that both go gloopy, but Jessica in particular takes forever to dry. I had a pedicure lady and the next day she managed to mark her polish. Not good news. The Orly range of topcoats are fab too. Won't go on look on www.graftons.co.uk for further information. Wouldn't swap over to anything else.

I use Essie, an OPI. OPI does go gloopy after a while, and you have to keep using thinner, but my clients love the colors, and demand them by name. Essie is a great line, they make the best sheers, and the brush is the best for application. In my opinion, what really makes polish last is properly cleaning the nail plate before polish, and using a "sticky" base coat, like Creative Sticky, or Orly Bonder, and a good top coat.

I'm a big fan of Orly and China Glaze, also, so far I've not had any problems with OPI.Been using OPI for a few years now.

Hi stickey, then CND polishes then speedey, an excellent coverage and hardwearing too

Latest posts

Back