Advice for a ladies night - Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellenor

Reaction score
My daughter's school have asked me to do a ladies night for them but I have since found out that another lady is offering vinlyux manis. The organiser suggested I just do Shellac and her example of previous salons who have attended is £9 for 20 mins.

I am comfortable taking around 30-40 mins (without removal) so is this just a bit overambitious of them? I'm frustrated because I just don't see how I could do it in 20 mins without skipping something important but I really want this opportunity to get more clients.

Obviously I could explain to the organiser that I cannot do it that fast but I don't want to sound as though I'm implying that the previous salon were cutting corners.

Any advice?

These things can be a great way of attracting new clients so you probably don't want to do a rush job that isn't as good as you can do.

I had pamper evening where I done one finger in shellac and rest painted in normal polish just so they can see how great shellac looks compared to normal polish.

I haven't done such events but was just thinking - could you do shellac pedi instead? Without soak/callus removal I find pedi quicker as there's only one big nail and the others are didi. Also, the ladies will be super impressed that they can put their shoes straight back on. :)

My daughter's school have asked me to do a ladies night for them but I have since found out that another lady is offering vinlyux manis. The organiser suggested I just do Shellac and her example of previous salons who have attended is £9 for 20 mins.

I am comfortable taking around 30-40 mins (without removal) so is this just a bit overambitious of them? I'm frustrated because I just don't see how I could do it in 20 mins without skipping something important but I really want this opportunity to get more clients.

Obviously I could explain to the organiser that I cannot do it that fast but I don't want to sound as though I'm implying that the previous salon were cutting corners.

Any advice?

I agree, you could do just one finger in Shellac. Or maybe two. Just so you get chance to sell it. Take all your promotional material and sell sell sell.

I had pamper evening where I done one finger in shellac and rest painted in normal polish just so they can see how great shellac looks compared to normal polish.

I love that idea! I think 20 mins is super optimistic of them. 30 and I would think you would be ok, but doing one finger not only cuts down on time, but also on your outlay...win win in my opinion :) xx

I am doing one in a few weeks and am going to do some simple nail art on the ring fingers, like polka dots or little flowers so they can sample shellac and paint the rest of their nails as they like x

I am doing one in a few weeks and am going to do some simple nail art on the ring fingers, like polka dots or little flowers so they can sample shellac and paint the rest of their nails as they like x

Some great ideas thanks ladies!

Just by way of an update I am booked in now to do Shellac (30-35 mins each - not 20!) and have spots for 4 clients which is nice!

Wish me luck! I'm quite nervous as I've been rather out of it all recently having just had a baby. Fingers crossed this gets me new clients :)

And since writing this I have another night booked in wooo!

Latest posts

Back