Advice for a newbie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla90

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I am new to the nail tech world and am looking for suppliers that are relatively cheap, i was just wondering which places you use to get your stock?

also if anyone has any hidden tips on how to improve techniques with gel extensions as i am having a little trouble having them stay on and giving the clients their monies worth, i have made sure there is no product touching the skin, thicker at the stress area, primer, no air bubbles, and not to over buff..any ideas on where i am going wrong?

Thank you

If your application is perfect it could be down to the products. For good long lasting results you need to use the best products.

With regards to suppliers it depends on which products you are using. Lots of suppliers have vat free days once a month or so, if buying a lot of goods this can be a good saving. Much better than just using cheap products.

If you want to be the best, you need to use the best :)

thank you for your reply, i did think that maybe it was the product as i am using suppliers own brand gel rather than a brand name, but i didn't want to assume that, i thought maybe it was something i was missing/doing wrong i am going to buy a different gel but am unsure which one to try, i was thinking of the Soak off ASP as that's the one my trainer recommended has anyone used it?

Hi I use soak off ASP and I haven't had a problem with it

Thank you, i think that is what i'm leaning more towards as its a soak off, do any other brands do a soak off? Could you use the colours aswell or are they more like a gel polish?

I didn't get on with the ASP soak off. I have been using NSI secrets which seems to be working for me. I have also bought some Brisa Lite but haven't tried it yet.

where would i be able to get the NSI secrets? i have heard of Brista Lite but was told that it was a buff off? so many products to choose from! hurts my little head ;)

How do you apply your very first layer of gel? I teach my students to apply a thin layer to the nail and rather than roll it off your brush and brush it, roll it off your brush and massage it into the nail plate by just doing small circles pressing it gently but firmly into the nail plate. After that i apply as normal. Students have no service breakdown doing it this way. Hope this helps

where would i be able to get the NSI secrets? i have heard of Brista Lite but was told that it was a buff off? so many products to choose from! hurts my little head ;)
Brisa Lite is a soak off gel.

aww brilliant thank you for your help i will take a look at it now :)

How do you apply your very first layer of gel? I teach my students to apply a thin layer to the nail and rather than roll it off your brush and brush it, roll it off your brush and massage it into the nail plate by just doing small circles pressing it gently but firmly into the nail plate. After that i apply as normal. Students have no service breakdown doing it this way. Hope this helps

i do a thin layer on them then get a ball of gel and circle it around the nail

Latest posts

Back