Advice for new Technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAILBABE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice / tips for a newly qualified technician. I am currently doing my City and Guilds in Nail Enhancements and will finish the course in 3 weeks time (have done 15 weeks) I am then doing a Creative conversion course early December. My question is what to do next? I would like to get some experience to improve my times and get confidence - should I just practice on friends and family? How will I know I am good enough to be let loose on the public! Should I take the plunge and start trying building up a client base? Or should I try and get some work experience in salon? Would be interested to hear how you all got where you are now!

Thankyou - much appreciated.

Practice practice practice

I think you will find a world of difference in the training from college to creative.

I have done load of coursed and I can truly say the creative rocks!

Its excellent training but I would suggest you work in a salon for a little while at least to see how its run and get the experience. You will not beleive the amount of things clients will try on and an experienced salon will protect you from the sharks

Hi Nailbabe

You seem to have made some good decisions so far :cool: You will end up with a formal qualification and some excellent training on the brand you'll be using. Great base to start out with.

I think the best practice for any technician is in a salon first. I know many go straight to mobile for various reasons (sometimes because the jobs just aren't there) but as Maxine said, you learn so much about dealing with clients. Plus in a good salon you'll learn even more for the other techncians and you won't be able to let standards slip!!!!

To go straight from training into mobile work is the reason why so many fail to be successful, loose loads of money and end up back doing what they did before.

Practice on friends and family (they give great feedback!!!!) and get a job in a really good salon

Good luck
marian

Latest posts

Back