Advice - How to handle this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had an experience with a new client as follows:

She enquired last week and wanted Shellac fingers and a Shellac spa pedi in time for an important do last Friday.

After some jigging about in my diary I was able to offer her the Shellac pedi so she came along on Thursday evening.

It was a fab appt and her toes looked great. She had recently moved to the area and had been a regular at a salon in her previous town where she had Biosculpture, but she was pleased with the result and ordered some Vinylux and a top coat which would be delivered in time for her Shellac mani appt which she booked for tomorrow morning.

Anyhoo, I got a text this morning which said "Hi, I need to cancel my appt tomorrow. I'll get in touch if I want to rearrange."

So I replied, "No problem, thank you for letting me know. Your Vinylux order has arrived, would you like me to drop it off for you when I'm passing?"

She didn't respond til this evening and said "I'd forgotten about that. I don't really want it, but I suppose I'll have to have it. Can I collect on Wednesday?"

I always ask for prepayment of Vinylux because I don't carry stock at this stage of the business, but on this occasion I just didn't. It's no problem because it's a colour I don't have in my collection and I can never have too much top coat.

My problem I suppose is that I don't think she wants to return to have her nails done, judging by her first message. If that's the case I'd rather not have the awkward situation of her dropping by to purchase product she doesn't even want.

Husband says just reply nicely that it doesn't matter because you can add the colour to your collection, but what's the professional and right thing to do?

I'm gutted because I really thought I was on the way to collecting another great regular 😕

If i ever get anyone canx,i always ask politly is everything ok, and just say, no worries about colour, i can add it to mine, unless you really want it

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Her text says 'need' to cancel, I read it as she has had something come up, not that she's unhappy.

send a friendly breezy text saying something like 'sad I wont get to do your fingers to match your lovely toes, don't worry about the Vinylux, look forward to hearing from you when you're ready to rebook'

Who knows...her car might have broken down so she's skint.....or someone is poorly

Don't take it to heart :hug:

Her text says 'need' to cancel, I read it as she has had something come up, not that she's unhappy.

send a friendly breezy text saying something like 'sad I wont get to do your fingers to match your lovely toes, don't worry about the Vinylux, look forward to hearing from you when you're ready to rebook'

Who knows...her car might have broken down so she's skint.....or someone is poorly

Yeah I know it really. It's because I read "I'll contact IF I want to make another appointment."

I'd have been happier with a "WHEN" 😁 x

Exactly, look at the bigger picture, keep her sweet, she loves her toes so she may just come back for them every so often . . . which may or may not lead to fingers but it might lead to recommendations or her buying a gift voucher for someone etc ....

always leave them with a sweet taste in the mouth not sour!! Your hubby is right x

Sounds to me like something's come up so she isn't keen for some reason, I'd just shoot her a no worries, if you forgot about it I will happily ad it to my colection type text, that way you have a new colour, and she doesn't feel under pressure, she will also know you have it in stock and ready to roll in case she does want just a mani with it at a later date (perhaps?)

Clients can be fickle, do to take it personally, it's part of this business. Next time when pre ordering products for clients have them pay in full for them, I do and have no problems x

It sounded to me that she respected the fact that you did a special order for her and is going to continue with that verbal contract. I would use the opportunity of her collecting it to dispel any negative thoughts that you may have regarding her cancelling her appointment and just keep things positive and welcoming when you see her.

I'd just text her back saying that if she doesn't want the Vinylux then its no problem, then I'd casually say "hope everything's OK and that you're still happy with your toes, you know where I am should you need me, take care etc"

Karaxxx

I'm like you where as I read the exact words people say and "if" is a bit sketchy to me.

I would reply and say that "I hope you're was happy with her toes. If you've changed your mind on the Vinylux it's no problem" (wouldn't tell her what I will do with it as it makes no difference to her to know anyway) so that if she does decide she wants it she can come back at you with "oh no I do want it, I'll come and get it" or whatever ☺️

x

Id bite the bullet & call her. Say its a courtesy call to make sure she's happy with her nails & also to ask her about the Vinylux. Unless you speak to her you'll never know if there was a problem with the treatment you offered. It will look professional & show you follow up your clients to make sure they're happy :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I breezily replied along the lines of "not to worry".

In the meantime, confidence has been restored after having a client in yesterday wearing dodgy "shellac".

Spent the removal time educating her and she left super-happy and gave a healthy tip and has referred her mum to me :)

Then last night, I advised an enquirer about some nail issues she was having who thought her only option was acrylics to hide the damage... She's booked herself and her sister in for IBX and Shellac!

Swings and roundabouts huh?

Thanks to all who gave me advice xxx

Absolutely down one minute up the next x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Isn't it funny how others can affect our feelings/mood even when everything else remains the same?

I've seen your work on Twitter Mrs B and it is stunningly flawless, every time. That should stay with you no matter the client experience. :hug:

I've seen your work on Twitter Mrs B and it is stunningly flawless, every time. That should stay with you no matter the client experience. :hug:

My goodness I don't know what to say!
Thank you so much, that's totally made my day! xx

My goodness I don't know what to say!
Thank you so much, that's totally made my day! xx

She's right though honey. Loves ya xxx

Steph xx

Latest posts

Back