advice need please re eyelash/eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sezndave

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am doing a eyebrow shape/tint eyelash tint course on Tuesday - I am just wondering when I do the treatments will I have to lug my massage table into ppl's houses for them to lie on? Or is there an alternative? (I am just starting out mobile - and my massage table is very difficult to get into my 3 door car and heavy) I do not mind using massage table for eyelash extensions etc but just wondered if any mobile ppl do it any other way. I am totally new to all this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hiya! I know what you mean. For that reason I have had clients lying on the sofa with their head on a pillow at the end. Same for brow waxing as it's so quick. To be fair though these were friends, friends of friends and family! To keep it professional you could explain the procedure as they are booking with you so they aren't wondering what you're doing. :eek: Or even better- get them to book a facial or any other treatment with you to spend more time; it makes it more worthwhile for you to drag your couch in and you make more money! ;)
So long as they are comfortable and you can do your job just as well as if it was your massage couch and they are fine with the sofa then you should be fine. x

Thank u chick ur advice is much appreciated :) xxx

Personally I think from a professional point of view and the health of your back you must use a beauty couch NOT the clients settee.

You are not at the correct height when working on a client on her settee,therefore will eventually end up with a back problem.

I know couches weigh a ton and are cumberson to get in and out of the car,not to mention to then errect the couch alone in the clients house.But sadly this is part and parcel of being a mobile therapist and one of the reasons I gave up being mobile years ago.

The only time I would think about working on somebody on their settee would be if they were disabled,elderly or a friend/family member.HTH

i would be concerned that there would also be increased risk of damaging their property with this.

there has been a few threads recently about insurance companies not covering...the last thing you want is to make £8 for an eyebrow tint and have to pay hundreds back for a new sofa!!!

i would be concerned that there would also be increased risk of damaging their property with this.

there has been a few threads recently about insurance companies not covering...the last thing you want is to make £8 for an eyebrow tint and have to pay hundreds back for a new sofa!!!

You could cover the settee but it's amazing how a small amount of wax or tint can manage to drip without you noticing.I wouldn't want to risk it not for love or money.My ensuite is bad enough with me colouring my own hair and not realising the colour has splashed until it's started to develope:twisted:

lol glad i moved out of my exs house before he saw the mess i made in the bathroom with hair colour.......who puts a cream carpet in a bathroom anyway? asking for trouble LOL

I echo what Babs and Kimi have said. Before I even read their replies I was thinking that you really need your clients to be lying flat on a therapists couch rather than a sofa.

Sofas are rarely long enough for somebody to lay with their head flat due to the arm rest in the way. This will also hamper your ability to do an accurate job. I also think that bearing in mind that you need to leave lashes covered and clients need to keep still with their eyes closed, it is better that they are as comfortable as possible.

I tint on my couch and no matter how careful I am, a wee (and I'm talking teeny) bit of tint usually ends up on the tissue next to the clients head. You really don't want to risk getting tint onto their furniture.

Latest posts

Back