Advice needed about offering a beauty room on % split

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel's25

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been offered a beauty room within a hairdressers ( rented there before having a 14 mth maternity break) on a fixed weekly rent, I only want to work 3 mid wk days one wk and 2 mid wk days and a Saturday the next.

However with child are costs it will be hard for me to cover rent too, I have another therapist who would be interested in sharing with me on the days I can't work. But she doesn't want the hassle of set up costs etc, so I've suggested we do a % split.
I just want to cover the products she uses and alittle bit towards rent. I was thinking me 40/ her 60% is that a good deal or would 30/70 be better? Or I thought 40/60 to a fixed amount then lower to 30/70 thereafter? I realise she has NI and tax to pay so don't want to take the Micky but also don't want to be out of pocket either.

The other thing i wanted to know is how does it work with holidays she takes? Does she just not pay?

Therapist or salon owners views would be great thank you in advance xx

Hi
I would start with 40/60 split. You can review it in about 6 months and it will be easier to say you are going to take less than you aren't covering costs and you need more. Don't forget you have had all the out lay and initial product costs including postage etc.
You won't make much on the 40% so don't feel like you are taking the Micky.
You usually wouldnt get anything when she is not there, sick or holiday. It may work better for you if you ask her to pay rent on the days and then work out treatment costs then you'll get a regular help with rent?
Good luck,
Josie x

Thank you for reply josie I think I might leave it as % as it's far to long winded to work out each treatment cost, we both have children so want what's easiest ( cop out I know). Anyone else??? Xx

Latest posts

Back