Advice needed on acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello All!
I am in need of advice from my fellow geeks once again.:o

I have a client booked for Monday that wants me to do a sideway french using l&p, l&p is not very popular here so i do not use it very often so i do not have much experience in it. I have done french with l&p before but never a sideway french, so i was practicing for it in my fake finger and i just cant quite do it as well as i would want to, the smile line is giving so much trouble and i take more time then i should to do it, in the end it just looks messy to me, i have found that when trying with the reverse method i do get better results.

Is there a trick to this? I have tried searching of a tutorial or anything of someone doing this but could not find anything. Any advice will be very welcomed, I just really want to do a good job on Monday, something i can be proud of and leave my client happy.

I must really be showing my ignorance here, but what the heck is a sideway french?

We would call that a diagonal french :)

I would finish my nail in one colour with L&P first, and then paint on my white tip, rather than create the white with L&P x

I start off on one side and toy l&p going down in the direction that is wanted. And keep checking to make sure the white line is straight.dint take too long on it as the l&p drys quick!it is practice, good luck.x

We would call that a diagonal french :)

I would finish my nail in one color with L&P first, and then paint on my white tip, rather than create the white with L&P x

That is a really good idea that i did consider but i don't know if my client will be ok with that, i was thinking doing pink structure with acrylic and paint the white with gel, i will need to do this on a fake nail first to see how the result is, but the reason i am doing this in l&p is because my client doesn't want to have gel on.

And thank for the name info, i finally know how to describe that correctly :)

I start off on one side and toy l&p going down in the direction that is wanted. And keep checking to make sure the white line is straight.dint take too long on it as the l&p drys quick!it is practice, good luck.x

I am sorry but i can not exactly visualize what you are describing, so if i get this right you put your white bead to the the side where you want the high end to be and kind of drag it down to the low side?

Oh I see! Took a long time for the penny to drop I'm afraid.

As was said, one colour L + P overlay, then how about a paint on white gel as in Brisa for the white?

Oh I see! Took a long time for the penny to drop I'm afraid.

As was said, one colour L + P overlay, then how about a paint on white gel as in Brisa for the white?

Thank you Christine Mary for your input, as i said i have considered that and to be honest it will save me so much time, i just do not how my client will feel about it because she said she wants l&p nails and really hates the filling that needs to be done to take the gel off.

Speaking on the subject if i tried to sandwich the white gel between 2 layers of acrylic will that last? I will top coat the whole thing in gel.

Don't understand why you would sandwich the white gel in between two layers of acrylic, especially if she hates filing!

Brisa white is just a paint on white, so one coat painted on top of one colour acrylic, then sealed with top gloss.

Jobs a goodun!!!

Don't understand why you would sandwich the white gel in between two layers of acrylic, especially if she hates filing!

Brisa white is just a paint on white, so one coat painted on top of one colour acrylic, then sealed with top gloss.

Jobs a goodun!!!

The sandwich thing is just for my own curiosity :o
Thanks again for your advice.

Latest posts

Back