Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi my hair is in bad condition from constantly bleaching when I was at college my tutor used a L'Oréal chromative semi permanent on my hair she told me as it contains no peroxide or ammonia it is safe to use every week last time I used it after 4 washes it went salmon pink im just after advice from people on how many times a month would they suggest using it please the shade im using is intense red. Thank you please no negative comments as im just after other professional opinion from people with more experience then myself

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

If your hair is in very bad condition, it's likely your cuticles are shot to bits, therefore the colour molecules have nothing to grip into so any tint will just flood straight out leaving a yukky stain on what's is left of the cuticle.

You can feel if the cuticles are shot but taking a strand of hair, gently running a finger and thumb up the strand, from bottom to top, it if feels slightly rough and not smooth...that will be your problem. :-(

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi it doesn't feel rough quite smooth actually which I'm surprised about the amount of bleach and 12% I've used the past year Haha I don't mind the red fading quickly if the 10 washes semi permanent is safe enough to use very regularly without doing damage

If its a true semi permenant and you dont mind topping up as you need to youll be safe refreshing the colour weekly . it will grab more each time you use it . seal with a nice cool rinse and a really good mask or treatment to help improve your hair condition. the argan oils , macadamia ect are brilliant for health of bleached hair and keeping colour bright . and wash as least as you can . use dry shampoo ect .
crazy colour and revlon colour ball is great for this type of colour without damage :)

This is bound to happen!
A) it's semi permanent
B) your hair is super porous from the bleaching
And C) it's red, and everyone knows red fades like a bitch

Get conditioning that mofo and maybe get a good cut. Get it healthy before colouring again.

If you've been using bleach and 12% the chances are you have no cuticle left. The hair began disintegrating the moment you applied that mix.
Best you can hope for is a stain on the cortex. Stick with red semis, and apply every fourth wash.

If you want to be intense red I would do a colour correction properly with a pre pig and quasi over the top, then refresh with the intense red when washing.

If you want to be intense red I would do a colour correction properly with a pre pig and quasi over the top, then refresh with the intense red when washing.

Hi how would this be achieved and what would i use Please

I have no advice regarding the red as I'm not sure the condition of your hair would take it.
Can I recommend though that if you are intending to continue lightening your regrowth, that you use a lower strength peroxide, no more than a 6%, especially as you shouldnt use higher than this for a scalp application anyway. Also ensure there is no overlap onto the existing lightened areas. Otherwise, get as much of the damaged hair cut off and try and start again working on improving your hairs condition.

Didn't you have loads of XXL on your hair as well in your last post, you said you'd been using it.

Didn't you have loads of XXL on your hair as well in your last post, you said you'd been using it.

No I didn't have loads i had a little strip in the front but have stripped my hair since then just trying to get the red back but without doing any more damage then what has been done

Why don't you use a crazy colour, absolutely no damage.

Latest posts

Back