Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie86

Reaction score
received_1606750832914533.jpeg
My friend has asked me to do her shellac nails for a wedding on Friday. She has sent me this picture of her thumb nail. It was infected from a cut she had but now the infection has gone and a new nail is growing through so she wants me to smooth it over with gel or l&p before doing the shellac. Only I'm a bit concerned it will only make it worse and don't really want to touch it but also don't want to let her down. What would others do please?

I wouldn't want to put an open wound like that under a uv/LED light. And any gel or l&p might get stuck up under the nail in the flesh. I think it would most likely make it worse.
It might be best for her to just wear a stick on nail on that thumb and you paint it the same colour as her shellac.

There's way too much separation there which will be impossible to cleanse under so there's no way I would apply any product to that nail. The chances of her getting a greenie if you did would be high.

For the day, would a stick on nail work, just so it looked okay? As I don't do false nails at all, I have used these to even up a set of nails and they look really good if done carefully. She could then remove fairly easily straight after.

Just a thought as the poor girl is getting married.

Vic x

No way I'd touch that nail. I'd slap a band aid in it and hide it in pictures. One nail won't ruin her wedding. If you come up with a good solution please share!

Sent from my VS980 4G using SalonGeek mobile app

As a nail tech- I honestly would not touch it. Period. I would advise to see a physician....

Now as her friend, I would tell her to get a false nail and double sided (weak strength water soluble) tape it on.

Latest posts

Back