Advice needed - returning to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutie3102

Reaction score
Hi all

I was just wondering if there are any nail techs out there that have had a hysterectomy. I had mine on the 22nd sept 2010 (2wk post op) and am self employed.
If anyone has, could you tell me how long you took of work, how you felt when you went back to work and if there were any problems you feel were important to doing the job properly.

Thank you soo much
Lesleyann (cutie3102)

Can't help with your questions Lesleyann but wanted to give you a big :hug: and say hope you are back on your feet again soon xxx

Awww thanks so much. I seem to be getting worse the more walking i do. Hopefully get there soon
Lesleyann x

Not quite the same but I recently had a c-sect and corrective surgery and found that I was well enough physically to work after 4 weeks! I found it uncomfortable sitting for long periods so I only did 3/4 clients per day with breaks in-between all. I would say that when you can get in and out of bed with no pain, don't need pain relief and are climbing the Walls looking for an escape route is a good time ;-)
Check with your insurance as if mobile it's 6 weeks no driving or until your gp signs to say your fit. The best bit of advice I ever got was ' just because it appears healed on the outside does not mean it is healed on the inside' this is so true. Could you fo a friends nails and see how you feel, at least with a friend you can take a break.
Hth's
:hug:

Thanks for teh advice. At the mo im struggling with getting in and out of bed and up and down. Think im just going to leave it til 6wk now. Seems the easiest to be honest. Ive not got many clients booked in because i dint have many before i had my op. Hopefully that'll change.
Thanks x

One of my stylists had it done, and was advised not to work for ten weeks. We started her on short hours at first, as she was getting really tired.

When i go back think thats what i'll have too do. I'd rather do a morning/afternoon than an hour or 2 here and there throughtout the day.
Thanks x

Latest posts

Back