Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I got my hair coloured yeterday at a local hairdressers

I had booked in advance and well warned them that 2 years ago I went from brown to get highlights and it took differently to each part of my hair due to me dying my hair myself and using a different colour each time

So, i've used the same colour for a year now and also have about 4 inches of roots.

I booked in for 1/2 head highlight so it would cover my greys and make it slightly lighter.. not mega blonde but just a nice natural brown/blonde

THe girl showed me the 3 colours she was going to use. Started my hair and put the top half up in a clip then started to colour the bottom

I hadn't asked for a full head so thought this was strange. Then she got up to the top hafl and took the clip out and said for me to go and wait for it to develop.. She said she'd see how it takes.

Then a different girl cut my hair and i asked her how the colour was as the last time it didn't take well and I couldn't see the back. She said it was all blended in well.

She then cut my hair dried it and that was me £70 worse off

I've now seen my hair in the daylight today and really cant see a huge difference under neath and i still have my greys

I can see she might have been worried about colouring the top of my hair due to my experience 2 years ago elsewhere. but they said they didn't need to do a strand test as I went in a few weeks ago so they could see my hair and discuss it

I think i should phone and my sister in law seen me after the colour and she said the same. I dont want the girl to get in trouble though but i've spent a lot of money and i still have my greys on top :(

Then she got up to the top hafl and took the clip out and said for me to go and wait for it to develop.. She said she'd see how it takes.

So she took clip out of top and didnt colour top???
Or am i not reading it correctly??

hi,
if the colour doesnt look good dont be ashamed to go back in and complain, all salons should redo your colour for free until you are happy, or give you your money back, just dont leave it too long to complain

if she didnt hi light the top then that is very strange .. it sounds almost like a viel affect where the do colour / hi lites underneath but leave hair normal on top ? which is great but not if you have roots and greys , but i may not have read your description right ??

So she did half a head, but the underneath not the top half?? How very strange, definitely go back and ask for them to sort it out.

Latest posts

Back