Advice on an ombre hair colour, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I have a client booked in for ombre on Saturday, she is currently like the photo below. She is going away for the summer so doesn't want to worry about her regrowth so has opted for ombre to have her roots coloured back to her natural hair colour (base 8) .. Blending in to the blonde how it currently is.
As it is quite yellowish - I was thinking of using 8A on roots, then 9A and blending in to the bottom, do you think this would work? .. Or will I need to pre-pig to take roots down to an 8?

Also, as I am keeping the ends as they are, I'm wondering on a technique?! .. Was thinking to do root application as normal, then place foil below root colour to apply 9 using double the amount of foil than normal to fold up twice to keep the current blonde ends untouched?! .. Would that work? Or does anyone have any other suggestions on how to go about this one please?
I've not done an ombre this way round before so am panicking a little!
Thank you in advance guys xxx

Forgot to attach pic sorry..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369911923.057626.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369911923.057626.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 783
Bump 😝

I would be careful using anything too ashy going over a colour too light. I would probably choose to use Luo colour, or Diarichesse or any other quasi col in the brand you use. If she's going on holiday I would maybe go a shade darker than what she wants initially. I would probably use 7 and 7.30/7.31 depending on how much ash tone you want in the base. Then drop down to an 8, then to a 9 on the ends. If you don't wanna touch the ends, I have often used conditioner or even just 900s with 20vol to clean up the blonde if needed. The technique I would use would be back combing. If apply my root colour, then meche by meche back comb the hair and apply colours in the order you want them. Hope this helps!

Hi Hun. I'm thinking an ash may be too much and if it doesn't end up looking khaki it may look too dark being ash. I would opt for an 8p ( 70% a 30 % w ) or an 8nw. If its long and porous with several applications of colour on it will also suck up the ash towards the mid lengths and ends. Application wise I would do the roots as normal and use some conditioner in the foils at the bottom. I hope that's been some help :) xx

Sorry Beth. I didn't read your reply its virtually the same! great minds ;) x

Demi is the way forward. Im assuming she wants a kimberly walsh look? I would leave the ends as they are and go through like a regrowth. Nice fine sections but careful to take some of the color a bit further down on some sections. If.the ends are too warm and need cleaning up then just tone them.
Dia colour 2/3 8 1/3 7/31 and 6 vol roots
Tone 9.21 if need be on the ends if need be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Im not sure that this looks ombre to me. It looks like a warm, slightly grown out full head tint.
Like others have said, demi is the way to go. I would jusy go through like a retouch with a dia richesse 7.31 and 8 with 6vol, pack the colour in at the root and apply sparingly a little further down, almosy smudged. Leave the ends as they are but maybe apply a clear dia light gloss to them for gloss.

I think the pic is of how it is now ;)

I think the pic is of how it is now ;)

I realised and edited. Less speed more care in future for me.:)

I realised and edited. Less speed more care in future for me.:)

Lol im watching it as I've got something similar next week.
But quite a white blonde to amanda holdens current colour.
Although i do prefer Kimberly walshs now I've had a look.. X

I agree. Ash would cause drab goin darker. I would use a neutral on the root then add a gold to the neutral for midlengths.

Thank you for everybody's advice on this one!
Really appreciate the input :) x

Latest posts

Back