Advice on being a mobile nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabelblake23

Reaction score
hi all, I am currently working in a nails inc nail bar after realising my passion for doing nails. I have now decided i would love to become a mobile nail technician. I realise its going to be a lot of hard work as i would need to do courses in acrylic and gel nails as i have none of those qualifications! i was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on either what course to do, ideally a home one as it will be hard to get time off work, and also general tips on how to become a nail technician! would really appreciate any help thanks xx

Hi there, I've recently started an NVQ Level 2 in nail services with the Beauty Academy who have places all over the uk, they offer alot of courses, either diploma's in certain course topups such as acrylics, or you can do an nvq with them. These are all flexibles studies and can be chosen on your specific day which has been great for me and may be for you.

I've also found the teachers very very lovely and calming, I have a terrible fear of people touching my feet and when I found out that during the mani and pedi training that you worked on each other, I freaked and had a panic attack as I arrived, but the teachers assured me they would not make me do anything I really didn't want to and both of the tutors I have had so far have been understanding and chatty.

They also have several places in London where they teach, I personally go to the Kings Cross branch but they will let you pick the dates and locations yourself on the website.

I hope this has helped in some manor :)

I am about to start harmony training and am so excited. My course is on sat or sun which is great as I also have a job. They have people training all over the country. The lady who is training me was really accommodating with dates.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Essential nails do a complete home study course using a training hand. You send off the nails in the post to be assessed.
I haven't used them before so can't tell you how they fair.

I know it's hard to get time off but nails is something that requires hands on teaching.
I trained with the centre in Scotland who are CND based and they were amazing and always there to help any questions and problems I have xx

Latest posts

Back