Advice on how to get going, new clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Im after some advice please, I have been working for myself for 18 months at christmas I added Gel nails to my qualifications and price list. I love doing nails, this is a skill i didnt think I would master. As I have enjoyed doing nails so much and I am now more confident in my skills, I have taken on a nail art and acrylic courses. My question is do you find that you have to market nails in a different way to beauty and massage ?

I have not had ONE single enquiry with reference to my nails. I have sent out news letter adding that I am now doing nails, I have sent out a promotion with money off I have done 10 sets free of charge to family and friends.

My second question is how well do you find that nails sit with massage and beauty ? do clients like their nails done by a nail tech more then a beauty therapist ?

Just another totally radom question I wear a mask if working ( massage, Beauty ) when I have a cold sore which I suffer from, do any of you do the same when working on nails ?

Lots of questions sorry, any information would be great :wink2:

Masks turn me off so how about if I tell you how to cure yourself of cold sores and then you won't have to even worry about them any more!

- Get a prescription for Aclyvir and keep it with you: Once you start to feel the tingle, down a few to stop the sore from progressing
- Buy a tube of Abreva (OTC) and keep it with you: Once you start to feel the tingle, gently rub some on to stop it
- Avoid foods rich in L-Arganine: Whole wheat products, jello, chocolate, nuts, oatmeal.. you can Google this to reserach more
-Counter act the Arganine in foods by taking L-Lysine every day for 6 months (you can find it at any place that carries vitamins). Then go off it for 6 months, then go back on and so it goes
-Use a good sunblock on your lips (LipSense has a 100% mechanical shield from the sun) and your foundation should have an SPF of 15 too
- Some say that stress is a factor - if that's a common thread in your life, learn to meditate, crochet or knit -- find something that calms you when you're stressed

Eventually the virus will burn itself out and you'll "outgrow" them, but sometimes that takes years. Control it before it controls you!

ox kelly

Hi.

Congrats on you new course. Don't get disheartened, can I just say that January has been really quiet - normally is.

Persevere with what you are doing, perhaps think about where you can delivery some leaflets and even talk to ladies to offer your service - i.e., mum and tots groups!!!!

I have had my first booking for gel nails for friday, im very pleased and very nervous !!:)

Latest posts

Back