Advice on product brands to use/sell in salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NayMomo

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm just starting up and I'm used to using aveda at my previous salon and I absolutely loved it, it's just so expensive. Does anyone have any ideas for products I could use and sell? I'm looking for something you can't necessarily find in lots of salons.

Many thanks in advance
Na xxxx

I would have a look at your local salons and then choose something they are not offering. Are you freelance or opening up a salon / home salon?

I would have a look at your local salons and then choose something they are not offering. Are you freelance or opening up a salon / home salon?
I am currently freelance but opening a salon in the near future. I've had a little look around and was thinking maybe kerastase I know they're not actually any cheaper! I guess I'm looking for something classy and a bit different :)

Redken is amazing for retail and I think its a really trendy classy brand it retails itself too

Redken is amazing for retail and I think its a really trendy classy brand it retails itself too
Hi Joe,
Thanks! I'll have a look into this:)

The down side to Redken and loreal is you have minimum order, you can just replace one item as you sell one, you have to buy a box of 6.
Have a look in your local wholesalers, they'd be more helpful in your start up, and you can just buy one or 101

I use, and sell Fudge.
Some of the RRP is cheap as chips. Then some jumps up. But overall I think it's a pretty good price.
It's nice because it's unisex, trendy packaging. And pretty eye catching on the shelves.

I use, and sell Fudge.
Some of the RRP is cheap as chips. Then some jumps up. But overall I think it's a pretty good price.
It's nice because it's unisex, trendy packaging. And pretty eye catching on the shelves.
I was just talking to a girl who uses fudge in her salon and they have some pretty cool things from what i've seen so this might be a good one to go with! :)

You can by redken everywhere in the us. Grocery stores, pharmacies etc.

You can't over here in UK, same for Paul Mitchell, L'Oreal, kerastase etc. We can buy online from places like Amazon etc (ie not wholesale prices) but it's not as watered down as U.S. I have a field day when I come to U.S EVERYTHING is in the pharmacy. It's a field day for my eyes [emoji50]

Last edited by a moderator:
I always stock up on redken and paul mitchell when I come to the USA in the Walmart family salon as it's so much cheaper!

EVO. Australian line. Amazing. Killer packaging

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443587888.190322.jpg
evo

EVO. Australian line. Amazing. Killer packaging

Oooh and speaking of Australia - what about Kevin Murphy? Great products!

There is a brand called intelligent nutrients it is like Aveda and the products have been developed by Horst not sure if they are still being developed by him though

Latest posts

Back