Advice on renting treatment room please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have been offered a little treatment room within walking distance of my home, it is quite small but has a little worktop area with a little sink and running water and a water heater on the wall, there is no heating but the owner will happily let me use an electric heater. He wants us to initially try 6 months and in that time the utilities will be included in the rental.

He wants £100 a week which all sounds fab BUT it is at my local medical center and initially I thought it would be great as I offer Microdermabrasion, nails and spray tans, Reiki,Massage etc. I thought the medical center would be a nice place for clients to come for their facials and even some Reiko or Reflexology. I was really excited about it until I went to see it, it is a little room off the side of the Pharmacy, it does not have it's own entrance so clients would need to come through the pharmacy to find my room. It has huge windows but they are covered in sign writing for the pharmacy so no view or daylight. I would need to keep the blinds drawn at all times. I would also be governed by their opening hours. The pharmacy is open 7 days a week and shut late Monday to Friday but I just don't have a good feeling about this one after seeing it.

I keep thinking "what would I think if I turned up to get my nails done, or a spray tan, and I have to traipse through a chemist passing all those sick people waiting for medication." I would not want to pick up any germs just before my big event that requires me to get a tan and nails done. Would anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

He used to rent it out to a Chiropodist but in all honesty it also seems a little too small for me, especially when I compare it to the lovely rooms the local salons rent to me when I require a salon setting rather than mobile.

Please help, I don't know what to do

I think you've answered your own question there, I'd go with your instinct and say if you've got doubts I'd keep looking. You need to walk in and think 'wow', or be able to visualise how it will look if it needs a lick of paint or whatever, as that's what your clients will think when they walk in. I'd be more concerned about the fact there's no natural light or heating rather than that your clients would have to walk past germy people! x

Agree I don't think I'd be keen on a medical centre location to be pampered. Come in for Shellac go out with gastroenteritis! :) LOL!

I agree, I personally don't feel it is the right location for you and your business. I'm sure there are better suited rooms for you :) xx

If it dosn't feel right - don't do it! It's not cheap either x

Latest posts

Back