Advice on Training... The Next Step?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your training provider is OK with it then so be it.

I just feel and CNA policy is, that at a time when confidence level is low - the start of the learning curve - it is not helpful to have problem nails. If the nails are a problem to begin with, then it is difficult to make a sensible judgement as to what may be causing any problems later ... your lack of expertise or the nails?, if you see what I mean.

"Dry and brittle with a tendancy to split" is not so bad a problem as long as the nails are a 'regular' shape and there is a reasonable amount of nailplate to work on. But bitten, fan shaped, skijump, filbert, or other weird shapes are for more advanced techniques -- if you want your work to last that is. :rolleyes:

geeg said:
If your training provider is OK with it then so be it.

I just feel and CNA policy is, that at a time when confidence level is low - the start of the learning curve - it is not helpful to have problem nails. If the nails are a problem to begin with, then it is difficult to make a sensible judgement as to what may be causing any problems later ... your lack of expertise or the nails?, if you see what I mean.

"Dry and brittle with a tendancy to split" is not so bad a problem as long as the nails are a 'regular' shape and there is a reasonable amount of nailplate to work on. But bitten, fan shaped, skijump, filbert, or other weird shapes are for more advanced techniques -- if you want your work to last that is. :rolleyes:
I've just 'phoned Dad-in-Law, and he's going to take a 'photo that I can stick up here to get some advice on whether to find another model. As far as I recall, Ma's nails are a 'regular' shape, and they're not bitten.. Anyway, I'll get a piccy up here and perhaps you could give me your proffessional opinion?

Your advice is much appreciated, thank you.

I'd like to put a photo of Ma's nails in this post, but can't find out how to do it!

Any help on this would be great :)

noosha04 said:
I'd like to put a photo of Ma's nails in this post, but can't find out how to do it!

Any help on this would be great :)
I'm not 100% sure on this but i think you need to upload them into your gallery and then open a reply post on here and click on the My Photos "select" button to your right hand side on the screen - hope this helps!

Thanks very much Carole - you're a star - worked a treat!

xx

Latest posts

Back